Bluray player/HD Upscalling AV reciever/HD Media player

ilanjai

Folks,
I tried not to create a thread and to add my question to HD Media Player vs HDMI player discussion. Unfortunately, It did not allow me post my questions as the thread was old. I could find another suitable existing topic to add my questions, hence starting this new thread.

I have 5 year old Sony 5.1 AV receiver. I have integrated it with Phillips HDMI DVD player with USB 2.0 that has HD upscaling feature. However, I am not happy with quality of the video I watch on my Samsung 40' Full HD LCD TV. I am planning to upgrade to HD source to ensure I utilize the Full HD feature of my TV. I have the following options and need your suggests in selecting a appropriate option.
1. Upgrade my DVD player with a Bluray player - Though we have Sony Bluray available for round Rs 10000, it does not have the USB 2.0 option.
2. Upgrade my AV Receiver with Full HD upscaling Onkoyo/Denon/Yamaha AV receiver with USB 2.0 feature - An expensive option.
3. Get a HD Media player and integrate them with my existing set-up - not sure of the quality of the video if integrated with my AV receiver.

I like to watch hollywood movies and and most of my movie collections are on my HDD.

Please suggest.

Folks,
1. Upgrade my DVD player with a Bluray player - Though we have Sony Bluray available for round Rs 10000, it does not have the USB 2.0 option.
2. Upgrade my AV Receiver with Full HD upscaling Onkoyo/Denon/Yamaha AV receiver with USB 2.0 feature - An expensive option.
3. Get a HD Media player and integrate them with my existing set-up - not sure of the quality of the video if integrated with my AV receiver.

I like to watch hollywood movies and and most of my movie collections are on my HDD.

Please suggest.

1) The sony bluray player does have a USB 2.0 option and does play a wide
variety of formats. That said, the HDD must be formatted to FAT32. There
is a separate thread on this sony bluray player. Read through that and see
if it helps your situation and meets all your requirements.

2) I dont know of any budget AVR that have USB feature. Denon 23xx series
and above are said to have very good upscaling capabilities. That would
be > 30 grand. Similar models should be available from Onkyo and Yamaha
as well. I dont know the model numbers though.

3) Since you said you have all your movies in HDD. A media player may be
the best option but dont expect significant improvement in video output
of your SD content. Audition first before buying it.

hey buddy the best option for you will be a media player.

1) u can still use dvd player to play dvds
2) media player is compact
3) plays everything u throw at it(bdp cant do that)
4) multiple options for media player from 5k-10k

Folks,

I have the following options and need your suggests in selecting a appropriate option.

Please suggest.

Hi,
This is Tapan. Your detailed query will help me suggest you something better to suit your test.
Option-2 or Option-3 both should do, do not mind for cost as the options may be costly but long lasting and really pleasing. based on the last line mentioned in your query, I believe nothing less than this link should be your choice: Dune BD Prime 3.0

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back