Bollywood!

Dev D OST.
Delhi Belly too.
2 very fresh OSTs in a sea of 'inspired' OSTs in Bollywood.
And anything by Vishal Bhardwaj.

One of my favorites...
Fantastically presented music from northern states of Haryana, Punjab, UP.

Especially the rendition of that utterly traditional Ragini (if i have pronounced it correctly) about the conversation between Lord Shiva and Godess Parvati..
(when I actually learned about the exact conversation that this particular composition refers to, It just struck me how that young singer from a village presents them with such purity)

Another masterpiece is the Jugni and another Punjabi folk song... Just fantastic numbers full of pure rawness of the traditional music and lyrics along with great amalgam of modern instruments..

Last edited:
Listening to some Bollywood this morning.

MV5BNGViM2M4NmUtMmNkNy00MTQ5LTk5MDYtNmNhODAzODkwOTJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY1NDY4NTIw._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

One of my favorites...
Fantastically presented music from northern states of Haryana, Punjab, UP.

Especially the rendition of that utterly traditional Ragini (if i have pronounced it correctly) about the conversation between Lord Shiva and Godess Parvati..
(when I actually learned about the exact conversation that this particular composition refers to, It just struck me how that young singer from a village presents them with such purity)

Another masterpiece is the Jugni and another Punjabi folk song... Just fantastic numbers full of pure rawness of the traditional music and lyrics along with great amalgam of modern instruments..

Sneha Khanwalkar is a brilliant Music Composer who goes to great lengths just to capture the essence of local music and their raw flavour. Apart from Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, Gangs of Wasseypur was another amazing album from her.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back