Bookshelf Speakers to replace existing Onkyo 5100 htib speakers

Vishu_fbd

Hi Guys,

Please suggest good speakers to replace the standard speakers that came in the box with onkyo htib 5100. The existing speaker specs are:

Power Output -
Front L/R 130 W/Channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
Center 130 W (8 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
Surround L/R 130 W/Channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
Surround Back L/R 130 W/Channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
Dynamic Power 210 W (3 ohms)
190 W (4 ohms)
130 W (8 ohms)
THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) 0.9 %
Damping Factor 60 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 ohms)
Input Sensitivity and Impedance 200 mV/47 k-ohms (Line)
Output Level and Impedance 200 mV/470 ohms (Rec out)
Frequency Response 10 Hz50 kHz/ +1 dB, -3 dB (Direct mode)
Tone Control 10 dB, 80 Hz (Bass)
10 dB, 20 kHz (Treble)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 100 dB (Line, IHF-A)
Speaker Impedance 6 ohms16 ohms

Currently I am looking to replace the front speakers only. My budget is 150USD and will be purchased from US store/online.

Appreciate support. I need to order today hence urgent!

Will the polk audio be a good fit, the model im looking at is: Amazon.com: Polk Audio RTi4 High Performance Bookshelf/On-Wall Speakers (Pair, Black): Electronics

Or these JBLs http://www.amazon.com/JBL-ES20-High...Speakers/dp/B00167340E/ref=zg_bs_3236451011_4

Or any other recommendation. The existing spk perform okay with movies but not that good for music. I know onkyo's are more movie oriented than music. However a speaker that can deliver clean music and also do justice to movie is what I am looking at.

Thanks,
Vishu

Last edited:
Onkyo can go well with Q acoustic,Cambridge audio S30,Tannoy V1,Polk speakers.Have some demo to get best for your music liking.

Reviving this thread, looking to get a pair of bookshelf speakers for my Onkyo HTiB. Specs shared in previous note.

Are BS more important or should I look at investing in a good center speaker (Polk Audio CS20 Center Channel Speaker @ 170USD ) for movie/music experience. At this time I am looking to upgrade one of them. Please specify models that I can order from Amazon. My cousin will bring them back for me.

Also looking to upgrade my AVR to Denon 1913, getting it at USD 399. Is it a good buy or should I stick to my current AVR. The only thing I am current missing is HD Audio, is it a good enough reason to upgrade AVR?

Last edited:
centre player a very very very major role for movies...
get a good centre first...
later buy bs

for movies polk/klipsch/q acoustics goes well with onkyo....of coyurse personal taste matters

centre player a very very very major role for movies...
get a good centre first...
later buy bs

for movies polk/klipsch/q acoustics goes well with onkyo....of coyurse personal taste matters

Thanks Prosenjit, could you name some specific models that I can look for in Amazon. I mentioned one in my post, is that good enough?

Any view on AVR update?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back