Bought Samsung QLED 65 inch curved

Congratulations! Please share feedback....was planning to go for the 55" option but unsure whether OLED-QLED or just vanilla 4K suffice?

Congratulations! Please share feedback....was planning to go for the 55" option but unsure whether OLED-QLED or just vanilla 4K suffice?

From your question, it looks like you are thinking OLED and QLED are in the same category. They are NOT.

To clarify, there are two prevalent TV panel technologies in the market for 4k,

A. OLED - a relatively new and currently premium technology. Only LG manufactures OLED panels, and they are arguably the best 4K TVs in the market based on different review sites for past couple of years.

B. LCD - widely manufactured, and mostly LED based (except for few plasma based TVs). Important point to note here is that Samsung's QLED is part of this bracket, so it wouldn't have the typical OLED Tv benefits. However, this might be better than other LED-LCD panels in select areas such as peak brightness and such.

Thanks

Sony has joined the OLED bandwagon though yet to launch the TVs in India.

You are correct. However, Sony's OLED panels are bought directly from LG :).

And they have priced it significantly higher than LG OLED even though reviews suggest they both are almost the same.

Haha, true that. However, there would still be differences purely due to the processing engines which I am sure will vary between the LG and Sony sets. I am not saying Sony will be better, just saying the net output will be different. Plus, there is the new way of sound reproduction in the proposed Sony OLEDs which will be very interesting to "see", considering the sound will come from panels :lol:

As I am also planning for a curved 65 inch preferably Samsung 2017 TV, waiting for valuable feedback and updates in this thread. Surprised that no new posts here since 2 months.

Haha, true that. However, there would still be differences purely due to the processing engines which I am sure will vary between the LG and Sony sets. I am not saying Sony will be better, just saying the net output will be different. Plus, there is the new way of sound reproduction in the proposed Sony OLEDs which will be very interesting to "see", considering the sound will come from panels :lol:

Sony processing is the best hands down. Lg oled+sony processing would definitely be superior to LG oled + LG processing.

Sony processing is the best hands down. Lg oled+sony processing would definitely be superior to LG oled + LG processing.

Do you have proper measurements to validate this? its easy to say some thing is the best just because we like the brand, it as good as saying Micromax has the best processing in the whole planet.

I'm not one for brands, but as a UI designer I can tell you if you look at LG and sony mid-high end models side by side, apart from the obvious difference of panel, LG tv's will always have a worse anti-aliasing and stutter in motion compared to sony. This is largely due to processing. Their panels are great, but processing, not so much. Don't take my word for it, see for yourself.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-b6-55-stutter-micro-stutter-scene-change.2063207/

There are other models which suffer the same, and if you see them side by side, it's definitely there.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back