Bought the Samsung 55 MU6470

madhavk8

After months of research finally zeroed in on the Samsung 55 MU6470 to replace my beloved (and now defunct) 51D550 plasma. Bought it from Croma for a price of 1.13 lakhs. The Indian MU6470 is actually the international MU7000 model (the indian 7000 is the international 8000)

MRP of this tv is 1.72 lakhs, the MOP(Market operating price) was 1.4 lakhs and they gave me a discount of 18% on the MOP after bargaining. Don't be shy asking for discount, especially on high end appliances like these as the sales people in croma, ezone, reliance digital etc are eager to sell it and it helps them meet their weekly targets and the supervisors have the latitude to give huge discounts if you go friday/saturday.

I used the calibration guidelines from rtings Samsung MU7000 LED TV Calibration Settings (Indian MU6470 is International MU7000)

The picture quality is excellent, pretty good black levels and accurate color reproduction . HDR performance is solid, wide color gamut able to adequately reproduce 10 bit color and peak brightness of around 400-450 nits which is adequate in most situations to create stunning HDR.

The smart hub features are very polished, work fast and loads of apps. The remote is noteworthy and it automatically recognises devices connected and lets you control it (it even worked on hathway hd set top box). Netflix, amazon prime and youtube apps support HDR out of the box.

It is supposed to have one of the lowest input lags in game mode for any tv though I have not yet tested gaming on this yet.

I feel Samsung has done a good job on the MU6470. Its a solid all-round performing tv.

Last edited:
Congratulations on new purchases ans thanks for awesome information really helps me to grow knowledge..Share some pics ans pc gaming experience as well ...

Sent from my GiONEE S7 using Tapatalk

Now a days Where should i buy a plasma tv or your model.my location kolkata.

Sent from my HTC Desire 828 dual sim using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info and congrats as well. Can u try out some Full HD videos, some indian movies( 1080p and 720P) and UHD videos and let us know your feedback ?

Thanks for the info and congrats as well. Can u try out some Full HD videos, some indian movies( 1080p and 720P) and UHD videos and let us know your feedback ?

I tried a lot of content 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 2160p, 2160p 10bit (HDR). The upscaling engine for the low-res content is very good like and delivers good picture. Though the 4:3 480i tv channels I wouldn't recommend watching as it feels weird to go so low-res after watching uhd videos

I have calibrated to get the most natural picture and have turned off all post processing effects like the contrast enhancer, motion interpolation, digital clean filter, color gamut upsclaing etc as I like the original pure picture as it was intended. Though people who like those effects will have a lot of options and the preset modes Standard, Natural, Dynamic have all those turned on.

Amazon and Netflix apps have good amount of UHD and HDR content. 40Mbps broadband is able to play them without buffering, I was a bit skeptical whether it could but its able to play them .

The Indian MU6470 and the UK MU6400 is the same tv as American MU7000

Here are the links for American MU7000 and Indian MU6470. They are one and the same.
Samsung US 55" Class MU7000 4K UHD TV TVs - UN55MU7000FXZA | Samsung US
Samsung India 138 cm (55) UHD 4K Smart TV MU6470 Series 6 | UA55MU6470ULXL | Samsung India

PS: The Indian MU7000 is the same tv as American MU8000. Check out samsung in and us websites

Last edited:
Congrats on the new Purchase Madhav. For Samsung and Sony though I would go with independent importers who sell for almost half the price than Made in India models. What happened to your 51D550? My E8000 is also biting dust since past 15 months and had panel issues since warranty period (not replaced by Samsung for unknown reason)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new Purchase Madhav. For Samsung and Sony though I would go with independent importers who sell for almost half the price than Made in India models. What happened to your 51D550? My E8000 is also biting dust since past 15 months and had panel issues since warranty period (not replaced by Samsung for unknown reason)

Hi Pranshu. Imported one was available for 90k and from Croma for 1.13 L and thought better to get it from Croma with warranty. Additionally I am thinking of purchasing 2 years extended warranty from Onsite go, they allow to purchase it upto 6 months after purchase.

The 51D550 was working flawlessly for more than 5 years until a few months ago the panel stopped working and samsung service said they need to replace the panel and it cannot be repaired.

The MU6470 according to rtings reviews has higher contrast than most tvs in this price range and about 93% dcpi color gamut and black uniformity is very good for an edge-lit lcd and the input lag is among the lowest. Only issue is a little judder when playing 24p content but its barely noticable and I dont mind a little soap opera effect to smoothen it out. Brightness is around 400-450 nits which is respectable. I saw The Grand Tour episode in HDR and it was plenty bright and colors were excellent.

Ohoo.
I also have the E8000 after 14 months it has green center band verticle in nature and 20mm width.
So i got panel replaced for Rs 46k which came from US.
Again after 22months i.e. just now panel stopped working.

Do any one know a good knowledgeable guy who repairs this?

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ohoo.
I also have the E8000 after 14 months it has green center band verticle in nature and 20mm width.
So i got panel replaced for Rs 46k which came from US.
Again after 22months i.e. just now panel stopped working.

Do any one know a good knowledgeable guy who repairs this?

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk
I have the opposite on the right corner. Green goes missing randomly. Its essentially 10% of the screen. I survived this for years before the HDMI inputs stopped detecting signals and also got my Marantz 6005 AVR HDMI output failing simultaneously.

The Indian MU6470 and the UK MU6400 is the same tv as American MU7000

Here are the links for American MU7000 and Indian MU6470. They are one and the same.
Samsung US 55" Class MU7000 4K UHD TV TVs - UN55MU7000FXZA | Samsung US
Samsung India 138 cm (55) UHD 4K Smart TV MU6470 Series 6 | UA55MU6470ULXL | Samsung India
How did you reach this conclusion - US and india spec reporting is different. e.g. US MU7000 has 4K HDR Pro.. nothing like that mentioned on India site. I'd love for this to be true :). The indian MU7000 costs a bomb

Hi Pranshu. Imported one was available for 90k and from Croma for 1.13 L and thought better to get it from Croma with warranty. Additionally I am thinking of purchasing 2 years extended warranty from Onsite go, they allow to purchase it upto 6 months after purchase.

The 51D550 was working flawlessly for more than 5 years until a few months ago the panel stopped working and samsung service said they need to replace the panel and it cannot be repaired.

The MU6470 according to rtings reviews has higher contrast than most tvs in this price range and about 93% dcpi color gamut and black uniformity is very good for an edge-lit lcd and the input lag is among the lowest. Only issue is a little judder when playing 24p content but its barely noticable and I dont mind a little soap opera effect to smoothen it out. Brightness is around 400-450 nits which is respectable. I saw The Grand Tour episode in HDR and it was plenty bright and colors were excellent.

I have also ordered for MU6470 however confused regarding buying Additional warranty as the Model already have 2 years warranty on the panel

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back