Breaking News, Nandan Nilekani is the new Commonwealth Games Chief

srramanujam

Nandan Nilekani is the new boss of commonwealth games. He will oversee the actual games. The PMO told me that he has already shifted to the games village. He is overseeing the progress continuously. I went to see how he is organising the games. The CISF security did not allow me inside. "He is not here", he said, "the false roof in his office collapsed, so he is working temporarily from the Infosys office". I peeped into the Infosys office, the same CISF security came around and said, "stop, you can go in only with a UID number".

I slipped around to the backside of the building. Nilekani and his Secretary were reviewing the progress. "Is the opening ceremony going on well", Nandan asked his Secretary. "Very well, we managed to salvage the ceremony even after Australia, England, Ireland and New Zealand teams dropped out", the Secretary said, while handing over the latest medal tally to Mr Nilekani. "That must have been a big problem, they had the largest teams", said a worried Mr Nilekani, looking at his blackberry. The secretary said, "Yes, for some time we were concerned, but we added separate teams from Gorkhaland, Vidharbha, Bundelkhand and Telengana to make up the shortfall". "Very good", a relieved Mr Nilekani congratulated the secretary.

"Is the swimming pool ready for the games. The competitions start tomorrow" asked Mr Nilekani. The secretary said, "Yes, inspite of the water shortage we managed to fill up the swimming pool, although we could only fill half. We asked Delhi Jal Board to supply water to the swimming pools. They said, we can do it, but half the water we supply is normally lost in leakages". "Never mind, Indians are optimists, the pool is half full", said Mr. Nilekani.

He added thoughtfully, "how is the volleyball team doing, our medal hopes rest on them". The Secretary answered, "we have appointed Mr Thomson as a crash coach for the team, after all they have only two days to learn the game". Mr Nilekani was now very worried, "but they have been practicing for three years now". The Secretary clarified, "the volleyball stadium is waterlogged. The metro construction is blocking the drainage, so the organising committee has changed volleyball to water polo. But you need not worry, Mr Thomson is a good coach, in two days out team will learn the game and win the gold. They only have to beat Nepal since all other volley ball teams have gone to see Taj Mahal".

Mr Nilekani was now very very worried, "let us go and check the 100 metres track. That is the most important event". Dont worry, thats under control, we have completed 70% of the work, assued his secretary. "But the race starts in two hours" said a very very worried Nilekani. "We have sorted that out, the organising committee has changed the race to 70 mts, now we have completed the work 100%. The shorter race will give the athletes some more time. They want to leave early and see Qutub Minar".

"How is the weightlifting competition, we are sure winners", Mr Nilekani asked. The Secretary said, "the stadium is ready, but the weights have not come. So we have asked the weightlifters to put up the foot over bridge that collapsed".

Mr Nilekani was very very worried now. "I want to speak to Mr Kalmadi, please get him on the phone". The Secretary said, "you may sir, but he is in South Africa watching IPL Champions Trophy". Nandan, thought for a moment and said, "all right, can you ring up Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar and ask him if we can have lunch together".

Hello SRRamanujam,

Nice write-up that. Kindly move it to the "other stuff" or similar section. I guess this is for "what should I buy" only :)

Thanks for your understanding and allowing me to moral police.

Cheers,
Pannags

congress is rubbing the country's face in the mud in front of the whole world. Everything is under their control, cwg committe, delhi govt, union govt, there is no one else to blame but the UPA govt.

These guys compare india to china at every possible moment, china just hosted the olympics successfully and we cant even hold the stupid commonwealth games without total chaos.

In any other part of the world, governments fall for much lesser. Hopefully our PM will have enough morality to resign after this fiasco. Although the sad part is that if he goes, UPA will take no time in installing a more incompetent person in charge, aka rahul gandhi.

These guys compare india to china at every possible moment, china just hosted the olympics successfully and we cant even hold the stupid commonwealth games without total chaos.

China is a determined nation pursuing her goals written in stone and notoriously efficient at achieving each of her goals.

In comparison we don't have any goals so to speak. Even cave men had collective goals. At best we can be described as a wandering generality

In any other part of the world, governments fall for much lesser. Hopefully our PM will have enough morality to resign after this fiasco. Although the sad part is that if he goes, UPA will take no time in installing a more incompetent person in charge, aka rahul gandhi.

Either ways he is doing his prescribed role as a seat-warmer for RG. Who said monarchy is dead is in India? It has just taken its uglier form.

though I enjoyed the thread, I am wondering why this is in what should I buy section? Do stick to basics guys, will help spend time on other things.

May be we shouldn't be buying all their crap thoughts?

Really enjoyed reading this SRR.

Sorry. The thread got into the wrong section in a burst of enthusiasm. I am not able to figure out how to move it though.

Regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back