BS speakers for marantz PM6003

newnikonian

Greetings everyon :)

I just bought PM6003 (Paid S$ 380 @ Adelpi) and looking for a matching speakers. The speakers would become rears later when I go for HT. The fronts will be FS in future. Probably will go for Maratz Receivers as well.

Need your help in the following:
Heard lots of good reviews on Warf 9.1s. Can they be wall mounted now? Can they be used as rear surrounds later on?

I will be using my sony HT's DVD player as source for now. What cables that I need to buy? From Source > Amp and Amp > Speakers.

From the speaker pics, I understand routing of cable may be a challenge if wall mounted. How to solve this?

Any place in Chennai where I can get the speakers / cables? Any pointers on VFF cable brands, location, URLs woould be great.

Have a Great Day

Oops.Must be age is catching up. So many mistakes in a single post :sad:

Its "Greetings Everyone" and "VFM (Value for money) cable brands"....

Got most of the details on possible cable options in chennai (in the other forum section) but most of them points towards buying bulk. Any good cables that can be bought in specified lengths?

Waiting for your input people.....:eek:hyeah:

You can pair with Monitor Audio BR2 or Wharfedale Diamond speakers

I'm having marantz PM7001 amp with BR2 speakers and it sounds great

Greetings everyon :)

I just bought PM6003 (Paid S$ 380 @ Adelpi) and looking for a matching speakers. The speakers would become rears later when I go for HT. The fronts will be FS in future. Probably will go for Maratz Receivers as well.

Need your help in the following:
Heard lots of good reviews on Warf 9.1s. Can they be wall mounted now? Can they be used as rear surrounds later on?

I will be using my sony HT's DVD player as source for now. What cables that I need to buy? From Source > Amp and Amp > Speakers.

From the speaker pics, I understand routing of cable may be a challenge if wall mounted. How to solve this?

Any place in Chennai where I can get the speakers / cables? Any pointers on VFF cable brands, location, URLs woould be great.

Have a Great Day

Hi newnikonian,

One of the oldest members yet only 6 posts?! The hifivision community has really grown. Get active:)

I had auditioned CD6003 / PM6003 with Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 and the combination sounded really good. Diamond 9.1 and 10.1 are of similar dimensions. The only difference between them is that the bass port in 9.1 is located in the front where as 10.1 is rear ported.

Both 9.1 & 10.1 have two drill holes in the back which will allow you to wall mount them. I am also planning to wall mount my 10.1s using this wall bracket:

B-TECH BT38 AVIBALL SPEAKER MOUNT SILVER: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Have ordered the same and should reach me by 5th June. I will let you know how well they handle the 10.1s. However, wall mounting the 10.1 will be a bit of challenge since it is rear ported - I am planning to work around it by changing the cross-over settings. If you are buying 9.1, you do not need to worry at all.

Wiring a wall mounted 9.1 / 10.1 should not be an issue since they come with good quality binding posts and if you use something like the B-Tech Aviball, you should have ample clearance to connect the wires.

Hi vpriyan, Thanks for the reply. You are the first to give an input in the past 3 days.

I was searching the following thread, and assumed the general view is that upgrading from 9.1 to BR2 is rather a move horizantal towards brighter sounds.

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/3939-wharfdale-9-1-ma-br2-upgrade-3.html

Saw the sale thread of Usher S520 from psychotropic. Any comments how this will go with PM6003?

Thanks for the very detailed reply, thekinge.
I am seriously considering 9.1. Checked with ProMusicals, chennai. I was informed that they dont have any in stock and can get within a week on ordering. I will check out 10.1 as well If I get a chance.
The AVI-BALL seems to be the solution I am looking for. Thanks for the link. Keep us posted with a small review on these aviballs once you are set. Have a Great Day.

Hi Nikon:

Yeah, apart from ProMusical, there is GrandCinema, who deals with Wharfedales, have you contacted them ?

:)

Thanks for the very detailed reply, thekinge.
I am seriously considering 9.1. Checked with ProMusicals, chennai. I was informed that they dont have any in stock and can get within a week on ordering. I will check out 10.1 as well If I get a chance.
The AVI-BALL seems to be the solution I am looking for. Thanks for the link. Keep us posted with a small review on these aviballs once you are set. Have a Great Day.

Newnikonian,

A clarification - only the dimensions of 9.1 & 10.1 are similar. Their sound characteristics are different and it is better if you audition them both. I auditioned only the 10.1.

Will post a review of the Avi-ball after I have installed them.

What CD player are you going to pair the PM6003 with?

Buddy

You can even try and audition the Brand New Q Acoustics 2000 Series..

The 2020 Bookshelves with 2000WB will match you requirements.
2020 = Rs.14K + VAT and 2000WB = Rs.2,500 + VAT

You can use QED 42/2 or QED Micro or QED 79/2 or QED Profile Cables which are priced between Rs.90-150 per mtr.

You can contact Mr. Raghu of Decibels @ 9940672834

Hi Vinod, Thanks for the heads-up :clapping:

I called Grand Cinema. The price offered is a bit on the higher side I think. I need to bring my amp to the shop and have a listen. Planning to that sometime this week.

Hi Nikon:

Yeah, this Grand Cinema guys always quote high only, they did the same for my amp, but they will come down eventually after hard bargain. You can speak to a guy called Ajmal Razak, he is quite friendly, he knows me well too.

:)

hey newnikonian. you're free to bring your amp to my place, hook it up to the S520 and see if they work for you. I've got some expressions of interest in the speakers but no firm offer yet.

Hi reddymail, Thanks for the reply. I have shifted back to India and in Chennai. The amp has been brought back to Chennai (in a box. Not yet opened)
I will give a try on S520. I called alpha for cables, they are not willing to ship by them selves. I need to ask my friend to buy and ship to me If I need to get from Singapore. So currently looking to source locally in Chennai.

Hi Psychotropic, Thanks for the kind offer. I will send a PM to you. Lets plan for a meet up this weekend. It would be a great help since I need help in sourcing my cables and to build my audio cd collections as well. Thanks again.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back