Budding Audiophile from Gods Own country!

iaudio,welcome to the forum.hope youve managed to narrow down some components.for ca,wharfedale,mission,yamaha,try decibels in ekm(behind parthas shwrm or thereabouts,mg road).very helpful.dont remember their contact no.cheers

Rallynut, Thanks, but are you sure it s decibel? I think decibel is present only in Chennai.
I will check out the location anyways!

ur welcome.its the cochin branch of their blore based outfit called decibels.run by two brothers anand(blore) and shyam(cochin).very helpful and they have a decent demo room supposedly.they deal in yamaha,mission,wharfedale,cambridge audio,quad.am sourcing my separates thru them.good luck

ur welcome.its the cochin branch of their blore based outfit called decibels.run by two brothers anand(blore) and shyam(cochin).very helpful and they have a decent demo room supposedly.they deal in yamaha,mission,wharfedale,cambridge audio,quad.am sourcing my separates thru them.good luck
Thanks again Rallynut, are you in Cochin? How do you find the prices in Decibel to be?

This is the address I got by searching online,

Decibels (Audio/Visual Equipment and Supplies - Ernakulam)
A5 Almanar Cplx Opp Ave Regent M G Rd-682016. Phone: 0484-2372618
Email:

The Decibel from Chennai I am talking about is run by Raghu,
Home | decibel - the art of sound | Home Theatre, Hi-Fi, High End Specialty Audio Chennai, India

Hello:) fellow audiophiles/music lovers/ movie buffs,

This is Titus from Cochin, Kerala. I am an avid music lover and movie buff.
I listen to all kinds of music that comes my way i.e I love being exposed to more and more genres. But what I listen to most is Rock and Hindi/Tamil/Malayalam songs. I also listen to Hip hop, Arabic, carnatic etc. I love Kishore da, Yesudas, Bryan Adams, U2, ABBA.

I grew up listening to music on my dads Sony "soft touch" cassette player, bought in 1984 which had 50w*2 rms speakers. I remember singing along "O saathi re" from Mukkadar ka sikandar.
Much later in 2000, I got a Kenwood system, dual cassette deck, 3 audio cd changer and 1400w pmpo. Then I was off to college for Engineering and it was just me, my PC and a mediocre sounding Mercury 4.1 multimedia speakers. I was longing for something better and in 2005 I started on a custom 5.1 amp and speakers with the help of my good friend Siddharth, who is good with electronic stuff. I bought an stk 5.1 amp from Bangalore S.P road, iirc. Then it was a chain of buying local audio stuff for the amp, from pots to bass treble boards, transformers etc. I spent a lot of cash and then put the project on the backburner till about late 2006 when I restarted it, bought speakers and set it up.
I had been adamant on individual bass, treble and gain controls for all 6 channels and with our amateur work, the amp was a mess of wires. Hence, eventhough the amp was punchy there was a lot of unwanted noise and crackling. Also I couldnt lug around all the speakers during college life. So I resigned myself to portable music. From Sony ericsson w700i to my present Nokia n91 8gb, portable players, mp3 and canal headphones have been my lifeline.
Last year I got myself a Cowon Iaudio D2 and Sennheisser cx300 headphones. I am looking forward to buying full sized cans from Grado or Senn next.

On a recent trip to Kuwait, I got a good deal on a ONkyo Sr506 and I took the plunge, though I am more of music guy than movies( 65% music and 35% movies). Now I am looking for entry level floorstanders for use with the onkyo.
Glad to have found a place like Hifi vision and sorry for the extremely long post! If you didnt sleep through it or skip to the next thread:p, please reply.

P.s should i start a separate thread for what floorstanders for my onkyo sr 506>?

Hi,

I am Raja. For ONKYO Sr506 - most prefereed Floor standers is Mordaunt Short - Avant 904i Amp-Power 15-100 Watts-Two way speakers.Fast & tight Bass.
Since I am a dealer for Mordaunt-Short Speakers I can give a best price of Rs. 17,500/-where no body can give.

yep,thats the one.am not frm ekm,kanhangad actually(kasgd dst).currently workin abroad tho.their prices seem reasonable.have ordered my equip,just waiting for my annual vacation to collect them and enjoy some good music.cheers

:yahoo:
Got my mission M33i's! Running it in/ breaking it in as of now. Bass is more than enough(maybe because my hall is barely 200 sq ft). I do feel that I have to boost the mids a little on the equiliser on my player.
using speaker wires from Eagle and cable from Bandridge as of now.
Now thinking of getting Surrounds, Centre and sub from Mission to complete the package. But I am not too sure about the Mission sub woofer m3as.

iaudio,see that the missions have finally arrived:clapping:.enjoy them.now start getting used to the sound and experiment with placement,settings on avr,etc.am sure youl have a great time doin the same.addition of matching mission components for ht usage is the most logical,even the m3as sub.happy listenin!!!cheers

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back