Budget Plasma vs Budget LCD

gangulydada

I have been looking to buy a budget 42" plasma or LCD. I had almost shortlisted LG 42PJ350 since it is available at 36 k, much cheaper than Sammy C 450 and Pana X 20. This weekend I spent some time in a showroom comparing a budget LCD, LG 42LD420 (46 k)with PJ 350. I noticed the following.

1. Contrary to what i have been reading in this forum, when a HD content is played the difference is clearly visible. The picture details and especially text is much clearer on the 1080p LCD compared to the 720p plasma. There is a noticeable difference in picture clarity in a full HD LCD and HD ready plasma.

2. Contrary to what i have read, the LCD did not show any detectable motion lag. I was watching an action movie and the fast moving scenes were looking as good on the LCD as plasma. The motion blurring is a myth.

The big question is, is this difference in quality worth the price difference? To enjoy movies, should i go for the plasma or pay 10 k more in anticipation of the HD transmission in future, if and when it comes to India?

With what I saw I can not understand how so many experts in this forum are recommending HD reday plasmas over full HD LCDs.

Well HD transmission is already there in india.
Yes FHD content will be better in a FHD lcd then a HD plasma.
Text is better in LCD then in plasmas especially a HD ready plasma.

Well your findings on motion lag is true,most can't detect the difference,but if you start looking closely you can notice the difference when doing a side by side comparision like in foot ball.

Atleast to me the HD ready plasmas in india never really impressed me other then its price vs size ratio .i would go with a lcd like samsung 40" C530 available for around 48k.or the Sony 40" EX400 at less then 44k in grey market.

Again in LCD's you have the 100 Hz Motion compensation circuitry. It will make a difference for fast moving, and side panning HD content

Oh No, not another thread to fight between Plasmas and LCD's.
Can some mod merge this thread to some existing thread discussing exactly the same thing?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back