Buying HiFi Online In India

coaltrain

Back in 2021, when the pandemic was in full swing, I was forced to buy a component online when my cdp finally broke down. Read the full story here: Blind Luck

Naturally, I had my trepidations as other FMs have shared some pretty awful experiences with Indian retailers. Thankfully, this was not my case. Here, then, is my 'thank you' note to all the sites I have ordered from in the last 2 years. Do keep in mind that I am not affiliated with any of them, nor have they asked me to post a review.

The 4 sites I interacted with are as follows - HifiMart, HeadphoneZone, Ooberpad and The Audio Co.
The components I purchased - 2 CD Transports, 2 DACs, 1 Loudspeaker, Interconnects, Speaker Cable and Power Cords.

Some brief thoughts on my experiences with them across various parameters:

Responding to my queries:
All 4 were quick to respond to online queries. HifiMart used WhatsApp almost exclusively; the others also called on my cell for a chat. All conversations were extremely polite and helpful. No one talked down to me, even when the order value was paltry.

Offering discounts:
Both HifiMart and The Audio Co did not hesitate to offer great prices. I am averse to haggling and was delighted when both of them provided genuine discounts. HPZ does not offer any discounts, but they do have a loyalty points scheme. Ooberpad did not offer a discount on some speaker cable, but were helpful in reducing the bill amount by suggesting a clever fix regarding cable length.

Invoicing:
All 4 provided an option for GST invoices while placing the order.

Item availability:
All 4 had stock that was ready to ship as soon as I made payment. One of the DACs I purchased from HPZ was a pre-order, but it shipped as per the stated time frame.

Shipping:
All 4 provided fast shipping with tracking numbers. Packing was also first rate across all four.

Some quick tips when buying online:
- Contact the site first and ask them all your queries. You'll get a good sense of how they treat their customers by the response you get.
- Don't haggle. You can certainly ask for a discount, but don't get hassled if you don't get one. If you're not prepared to pay the price that's on their website, look elsewhere.
- If possible, avail of GST. 18% is a great saving.
- Spread the word. If you had a good shopping experience, tell others about it. I think these online stores are offering us a great service, and we should encourage good businesses.

In short, I would not hesitate to order from any of these online stores again.

thanks for sharing. if we may continue the spirit of this thread, looking for the ultimate offical discounter dealer for yamaha. looking to pick up a A6A. if anyone has had a good experience in pricing with a Yamaha dealer kindly share or if you are a dealer reading this feel free to pm me.

thanks

thanks for sharing. if we may continue the spirit of this thread, looking for the ultimate offical discounter dealer for yamaha. looking to pick up a A6A. if anyone has had a good experience in pricing with a Yamaha dealer kindly share or if you are a dealer reading this feel free to pm me.

thanks
Music park, Pondicherry offer good pricing on yamaha receivers. They do shipping. You can contact Rajiv. His contact number is available in yamaha india dealer locator page.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back