Buying KLV-40Z450A: is it a wise deicision?

So finally I took the plunge and bought the "terminator of the TVs" (as adder put it) - the Sony KLV-40z450a this Diwali. And till now, I am thoroughly satisfied with my purchase! Touch wood. :D
Interestingly, the Sony World I bought it from was having Sony India people visiting that day, so I got to meet a few of the Sony Sales/Marketing people as well. I paid about 105K for the TV btw.

To those waiting for KLV-40z550 (Thetas, GeoTracks?), couple of things you may want to check:

Congratulations!! It is indeed a super buy!! Do post pics.

Just to clarify, I only had the SONY 40" V (70K) & W (90K) 550 series in my radar. The SONY 40V550 was the more likely candidate b'cos, paying 20K more for 100 Hz was something challenging for me to justify, no matter how hard I tried.

Anyways, finally purchased the SAMSUNG 40" 5 series, b'cos I got a really good festive season offer, almost 25K lesser than the 40V550.

All,

Thanks! Will post some pics and more detailed 'user experience' soon.

Ritesh: Our viewing distance is about 8-12 feet and SD PQ (of DTH) is very good. Some channels are better than others, for instance, all the Zee channels and HBO for some reason are slightly better than other channels. We have Dish TV DTH. I am planning to call the DTH guy to readjust the antenna, so hopefully PQ will improve further.

BTW Does it make sense to switch to another provider? Is the quality better with any other service provider.

Heard around Common Wealth Games, there'll be HDTV broadcast available in India too? Any truth to this? All channels or some?

Adder, my TV was "Made in Malaysia". Is the production shifting from Malaysia to Thailand? And is there any difference in TVs made in the two countries?
well yes u will get better picture from other dth providers,frankly dish tv has the worst PQ compared to others.big tv is the best in terms of PQ.

well yes DD has to provide a HD feed which is a mandate for CWG.

well only the X series used to be made in japan,it was then shifted to Malaysia,but most 2009 models are made in Thailand,due to cheaper labor.
but it doesn't matter where its made same quality control.sony is thinking about assembling tvs in india due to the tax benefit,where the lcds panels will be taxed only at 5%,compared to the 30% or more at present due to the direct import.samsung and LG both assemble them in india.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back