By Rob Watts | Chord Electronics

keith_correa

Extremely interesting:

Extremely interesting:

8CFE2F87-38C5-4725-B24C-B2732658C9A1.jpeg
An insightful and authoritative presentation by an expert practitioner.
some of the technical bits are beyond my limited knowledge of the science behind this engineering design.
But I am trying to understand what he is getting at in this slide (attached image)? I have a feeling this is an important point he is making but not quite getting it. Anyone, Help?

View attachment 75505
An insightful and authoritative presentation by an expert practitioner.
some of the technical bits are beyond my limited knowledge of the science behind this engineering design.
But I am trying to understand what he is getting at in this slide (attached image)? I have a feeling this is an important point he is making but not quite getting it. Anyone, Help?
He's saying: Buy a Chord DAC. :p

He's saying: Buy a Chord DAC. :p
And then there is freedom of opinion:
I had the Chord Mojo first version, but the buttons, heat and ultimately the sound became tiresome and I sold it.
I do want to listen to the Chord Dave in a nice set up.
Back to the slide above, apart from the implied (?) sales pitch, can anyone explain in simpler terms what he is saying?

Not sure of the technical details but I have owned 3 Chord Dac's so far and to my ears, they have been the best sounding ones I have had in my systems. My most recent, the qutest (which I regret selling), was the best I have heard under $3000. I am planning to get a DAVE down the road someday.
Cheers,
Sid

And then there is freedom of opinion:
I had the Chord Mojo first version, but the buttons, heat and ultimately the sound became tiresome and I sold it.
I do want to listen to the Chord Dave in a nice set up.
Back to the slide above, apart from the implied (?) sales pitch, can anyone explain in simpler terms what he is saying?
I have the mojo connected as a DAC/preamp to a power amp and then to my speakers. To my ears, it’s a sideways upgrade to the Topping D90/A90D combination I currently have. I like both for different reasons and can live with either of them which is something very positive I can say about the mojo. At less than half the price of the the stack, it’s a competitive sound, with polar opposite presentation. This means depending on preference, one may find one of them to be completely superior. D90/A90 presents of microdetails on the face and much wider soundstage than the mojo, but mojo has very intimate warm tone with more bass weight. The details are there, but layers are weighted differently if I may try to explain! I guess for the camp of chord mojo, the only upgrade is going to be another chords higher end offering. Topping falls into the “general” clean sounding category, which is the same sound I have heard on lot of brands sine the objective DAC/amp days, only this time it’s way more clearer!

I share the same sentiment as others here. Chord DACs have THE best tonality and detail with a deep stage drawing the listener into the recording. I myself have planned to get a Chord Qutest from fellow members willing to sell. I currently have the Hugo 2, but moving on from it to form a tube based desktop setup. I find it hard to listen to any other DAC after being with Chord products over the past 7 years.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back