Cambridge Audio DV99 with Edifier C2

whencat

Folks I am trying to build a decent music+movie stereo setup. Earlier had decided on CA DV99 + Norge 2060 + Millenium/WF 9.2 speakers. The cost ran up >30K. But now I am severely constrained and cannot put in so much money. So I was wondering if I can postpone the Amp + Speaker buy for 6-8 months. In the meanwhile, is it possible for me to use the CA DV99 with an Edifier C2 ? I know C2 is a PC speaker, but considering my constraints, can I use it as stop-gap ? C2 comes with an AMP.

Please advise. I am newbie to the hi-fi audio world, but willing to learn.

Thanks.

I have CA DV99+Norge1000+Wharf9.2 and I am happy with the performance.

I bought Norge+Wharf and used my laptop as source in the beginning
later I bought CA DV99 from UK

Folks thanks for the responses.

@Latheesh - What would your setup cost me now .. in Bangalore .. any idea ? (CA DV99+Norge1000+Wharf9.2)

@biyer - This, I am hearing from many experts. Probably I should go for the AMP and speakers and buy a DVD player later. Let me see how this plays out.

^^

I dont remember the exact cost but it was something around

Norge 1000 ~ 11500 - Vectors Brigade Road
Wharf9.2 ~ 15400 - Vectors Brigade Road

CADV99 - Audio Planet quoted 14K (He may come down to 13-13.5 if you negotiate). But my friend got it from UK, costed me ~ 8000 (It was on sale).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back