Cambridge CXN V2 Chromecast Apple music

Mugesh

I have a Cambridge CXN V2 Network receiver. It doesn't have a built in Apple Music, i have to use Chromecast. Does the quality of the song changes if i Chromecast a loseless track from my mobile through Apple music ?

I have a Cambridge CXN V2 Network receiver. It doesn't have a built in Apple Music, i have to use Chromecast. Does the quality of the song changes if i Chromecast a loseless track from my mobile through Apple music ?
I have CXN 2. I find the sound quality (especially dynamics and immediacy) of Spotify which plays natively (SpotifyConnect) on CXN better than that of Apple Music that plays through AirPlay. Expectedly so, as there are fewer stages when played native. I’d imagine the same deterioration through Chromecast. I don’t see lossless (resolution) a compensation for loss in sound quality. Also, please check if Chromecast plays Apple Music lossless… AirPlay doesn’t (unless played from MacBook with universal AirPlay setting).

By the way, no streamer has native Apple Music. Apple hasn’t opened up their service to streamer manufacturers for native integration unlike Tidal, Spotify or Qobuz.

I have CXN 2. I find the sound quality (especially dynamics and immediacy) of Spotify which plays natively (SpotifyConnect) on CXN better than that of Apple Music that plays through AirPlay. Expectedly so, as there are fewer stages when played native. I’d imagine the same deterioration through Chromecast. I don’t see lossless (resolution) a compensation for loss in sound quality. Also, please check if Chromecast plays Apple Music lossless… AirPlay doesn’t (unless played from MacBook with universal AirPlay setting).

By the way, no streamer has native Apple Music. Apple hasn’t opened up their service to streamer manufacturers for native integration unlike Tidal, Spotify or Qobuz.
Thanks for sharing brother...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back