Can anyone please identify the speakers?

Look like Line array speakers of some kind. from their colour and ports maybe some model by Piega of Switzerland ? looks like a tweeter and mid array with slotted ports.

But again could be any..can you share where you took the picture.. the country of origin might have some clue.

Agree with Arj's point about the Piega colour!

On the other hand, the array looks very much like the GR-Research LS 9 to a large extent, minus slotted ports.

Could be a different build of any known Array-makers, too.

Again, city/country would be of help in deciphering further...

AudioFocus Ares 8 line array speakers?

Feature: Our Lady of Lourdes gains focus​

Thrissur’s cathedral explored several options for a new sound system. James Cooke finds out more​

Our Lady of Lourdes Metropolitan Cathedral in Thrissur, India was opened in 1957. After more than six decades, the church was recently subject to a renovation that served to both restore the sanctuary’s stunning interior decoration and to equip the worship space with newer technologies to offer a better experience for the congregation.

Last edited:
AudioFocus Ares 8 line array speakers?

Seems like the link you shared belongs to a different nearby church installation.
This church is Infant Jesus Church, Meladoor.
And while googling, I found these.
1641816902000.png

Hi all,
Pinged Mr. Gopinath, who was kind enough to respond and direct me to Mr. Joshi of Liadel Audio Power Amplifiers, Trissur, who he said made those.
Got in touch with Mr. Joshi, and from there on things were lost in translation because of language issues. :(
Posting what I understood we spoke below here.
Someone who can speak fluent Malayalam can corroborate and clarify in this thread.
1. Mr. Joshi made these speakers 16 years ago.
2. He said the array is 9x 5.5" woofers. I asked him there were 12 in the pic, but could not understand his response.
3. From what I understood, the slotted ports are actually the HF units.
4. He is working on an upgrade to this design now.

Edit: 5. That church is very big, and the reverb time is 6 to 7 secs; so had to address it.

Again, this is what I think I understood, but if any Malayalam-speaking FM is willing to reach out, I'll PM Mr. Joshi's contact. I took his permission to share it with a Malayalam speaking FM. Ideally, I think if just one FM takes it up, it will be best, so we don't disturb him much. He sounded like a very nice man.
Regards

Last edited:
Hi all,
Pinged Mr. Gopinath, who was kind enough to respond and direct me to Mr. Joshi of Liadel Audio Power Amplifiers, Trissur, who he said made those.
Got in touch with Mr. Joshi, and from there on things were lost in translation because of language issues. :(
Someone who can speak fluent Malayalam can corroborate and clarify in this thread.
2. He said the array is 9x 5.5" woofers. I asked him there were 12 in the pic, but could not understand his response.

Edit: 5. That church is very big, and the reverb time is 6 to 7 secs; so had to address it.

Again, this is what I think I understood, but if any Malayalam-speaking FM is willing to reach out, I'll PM Mr. Joshi's contact. I took his permission to share it with a Malayalam speaking FM. Ideally, I think if just one FM takes it up, it will be best, so we don't disturb him much. He sounded like a very nice man.
Regards
Wow. That's really some news. Please PM me his number. I can talk to him. And may be I will have a visit to the church coming Sunday.

Wow. That's really some news. Please PM me his number. I can talk to him. And may be I will have a visit to the church coming Sunday.
Great, MNX. Have sent you details. Looking forward to reading about all the details. And hoping I didn't misunderstand/misrepresent anything during my chant with Mr. Joshi.
And during your visit to the church, if you could click some nice close-ups, would be lovely.
All the best

What a lovely installation, by the way (and without sounding political or religious), the definition of Indian Village is generally not used any more for most rural areas in Kerala as most of them are as wealthy if not wealthier than urban areas. They are usually flushed with rubber or agricultural funds and remittances from abroad (not restricted to the middle east, any more). Hence places of worship receive significant donations and patronage. Some time ago, i was called to consult for a sound installation for a smallish church near my wife's hometown in 'rural' Kerala. I was shocked to find that they had already received a huge Mackie consignment as a gift from abroad :). Similarly a temple priest reached out to me and wanted to understand if Bose was a 'good set'. When i reached there, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they had already received the kit as a donation, for replacing their existing Ahuja equipment. Interesting but true stories!

Hi all,

Regards
curious to know if they are active or passive, i have found it increasingly hard to work with passive installations these days. With active PA, its easy to have the board run directly into speaker segments but again each speaker point will need a power outlet.

<snip>the definition of Indian Village is generally not used any more for most rural areas in Kerala as most of them are as wealthy if not wealthier than urban areas. They are usually flushed with rubber or agricultural funds and remittances from abroad (not restricted to the middle east, any more). <snip>
Actually, the term village has nothing to do with the prosperity of the village or the wealth of it's populace. Just saying!

Sorry for the much delayed reply to this thread.
I was in touch with the designer of these speakers and had a quick visit to the church as well. I couldn't take many photographs as there were a few people including the priest just outside the church and I took some shots on the pretext of offering prayers.
Initially I thought these are some branded speakers as there was a 'DAS Audio' plate at the back. But then Mr. Joshi clarified that he simply put the plate as he couldn't find anything else. A few points that he mentioned on the phone call are:
  • The speakers are designed more than 15 years ago.
  • The drivers used are Celestion.
  • Custom made HFs (of around 20) are used in the two slots
  • The same church tried a line array system from some other manufactures/sellers, but came back to this as the new one couldn't match the sound quality of these drivers.
  • The size of the church caused some challenges while designing the speakers.
  • He still designs PA systems, speakers, and amplifiers under the brand name and many of his products are being used across Kerala, Bangalore, Tamilnadu, etc.
I'm posting some pictures I took (Sorry for the odd angles).

PXL_20220211_103845038 (Large).jpg
PXL_20220211_103839084 (Large).jpg
PXL_20220211_103835235 (Large).jpg
PXL_20220211_103831571 (Large).jpg
PXL_20220211_103808087 (Large).jpg

Some of his other designs/products.

IMG-20220211-WA0041.jpg
IMG-20220211-WA0034.jpg
IMG-20220211-WA0021.jpg

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back