Can i make Philips dvp3568 dvd player region free

I was able to make my Philips DVP 3388 region free. The video is playing as expected for all the regions. However, for regions other than Region 5, the audio is not passed through component cables. Only the HDMI audio is passed through and the audio is low. Is there any way to fix this issue?

However, for regions other than Region 5, the audio is not passed through component cables. Only the HDMI audio is passed through and the audio is low. Is there any way to fix this issue?

A component cable does not carry audio. Have you connected a separate audio cable? If you have connected a HDMI cable, try setting the audio out in the player to digital, and through HDMI.

A component cable does not carry audio. Have you connected a separate audio cable? If you have connected a HDMI cable, try setting the audio out in the player to digital, and through HDMI.

I am might not sound technical enough. But, let me explain it layman terminology.
I have the RED/WHITE/Yellow cables from by DVD player to Sony AVR. My AVR is connected to my Bose speakers. I have connected the HDMI cable from by DVD player to my Samsung LCD TV.

The Problem: For all the DVDs brought in India, the audio can be heard in the TV (through HDMI) and through speakers (through AVR). For DVDs with region not 5, I can hear the audio only through my TV.

Can you please explain why this problem is coming after I hacked my DVD.

@Venkatcr, Thank you for your suggestion. Changing the audio out to Digital worked. However, the audio is still low.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back