Canton Vs Heco ?

Vishal

For a like to like comparison, say Canton GLE 470 vs Heco Victa 601, both entry level FS?

Any views on these 2 German brands - Canton and Heco ?

Thanks in advance

Hi Vishal, Seems like we are in the same boat. I was going through your posts and found that there are quite a bit of similarities. I was also wondering about Canton, Quad, BS/FS and found your presence in those threads. You have auditioned the Ergo series I believe; the GLE series is quite amazing as well. How do you rate the Canton when compared with Polka? Did u get a chance to listen to the Quads?

When I was finding out about the bookshelves I wanted to buy, I came across a gentleman who spoke very very highly of the Hecos. He suggested Victa 201 to me. He rated them far superior than alot of other popular brands available here. But my issue was that he was in Bangalore and I could not audition them. Hence decided to ignore them. If you can audition them somewhere, it'd be great.

Heco should be available with Nova Audio at Mahim. Canton FS used to be available with Viola at DN Nagar in Andheri W. Why don't you go and try both these shops and hear for yourself?

Hi Vishal, Seems like we are in the same boat. I was going through your posts and found that there are quite a bit of similarities. I was also wondering about Canton, Quad, BS/FS and found your presence in those threads. You have auditioned the Ergo series I believe; the GLE series is quite amazing as well. How do you rate the Canton when compared with Polka? Did u get a chance to listen to the Quads?

I only listened to Canton and just the Ergo BS model. However, here is my gripe:
A true audition needs to happen with a specific amp + speakers with your own music in a setting that's similar to your own home or at least consistent.

The cantons I listened to was a pit-stop audition with some random amp and different music. Cant really opine in detail but they sounded nice.

The only good auditons that I have've had is at Lakozy .. with the NAD's.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back