Car amplifier 4 channel recommendations

Amit Satam

Hello All,

Currently installed touch screen (woodman 9inch) & speakers(Focal auditory rse 165 on 4 door) in my Car.
But planning to install Car amplifier of 4 channel thus need a recommendation on it:
1-JVC ks dr3004
2- KENWOOD kac-ps704ex
3- FOCAL ap 4340
4- Pioneer or Infinity

Option 01 & 02 have toroidal transformer , so as per my understanding they should sound beautifully however have no other information on Pro’s & Con’s on Option 03 & 04.

Regards,
Amit Satam

Last edited:
Hello All,

Currently installed touch screen (woodman 9inch) & speakers(Focal auditory rse 165 on 4 door) in my Car.
But planning to install Car amplifier of 4 channel thus need a recommendation on it:
1-JVC ks dr3004
2- KENWOOD kac-ps704ex
3- FOCAL ap 4340
4- Pioneer or Infinity

Option 01 & 02 have toroidal transformer , so as per my understanding they should sound beautifully however have no other information on Pro’s & Con’s on Option 03 & 04.

Regards,
Amit Satam

IMHO, Given your HU and current speakers, there is no point in spending more on the amplifier. Stick to Focal AP 4340 since it matches your speakers and will guarantee some sort of synergy... For the rest of the money, you can probably get your doors dampened if not already done... That can make quite a difference....

Hello All,

1-JVC ks dr3004
2- KENWOOD kac-ps704ex
3- FOCAL ap 4340
4- Pioneer or Infinity

Regards,
Amit Satam
I too feel you don't really need an amp. Are you happy with the Woodman HU? How is the display and performance?

i did not notice the speaker make and the source. Guess amps are not going to be of any help with these.
Just as another FM suggested, damping the doors can clean up the sound to an extent and also tighten the bass

I too feel you don't really need an amp. Are you happy with the Woodman HU? How is the display and performance?
Resolution, GUI, Touchscreen is really good, adding amplifier will improve sound resolution to 4 door speakers.. thus adding amplifier would improve sound quality, isn’t it?

i did not notice the speaker make and the source. Guess amps are not going to be of any help with these.
Just as another FM suggested, damping the doors can clean up the sound to an extent and also tighten the bass
Door damping is done ✅ adding amplifier would improve sound quality, isn’t it?

Resolution, GUI, Touchscreen is really good, adding amplifier will improve sound resolution to 4 door speakers.. thus adding amplifier would improve sound quality, isn’t it?

Not necessarily. It all depends on your current head-unit. if it is powerful enough to drive your speakers, then you are okay with the current setup. Higher power amplifier does not really increase the resolution as such. Remember that the digital data have already been converted by your head unit before feeding it to the amp. So amp is not going to improve resolution. it might give a better headroom and control over your speakers though...

You can always get input from the installer too... Good installers can easily guide you in these situations...

I beg to differ on this.
Not sure about car audio but home Audio even the amplifier has effect on the resolution.

I beg to differ on this.
Not sure about car audio but home Audio even the amplifier has effect on the resolution.

"Effect", Yes. definitely. "Improvement" on an already converted signal from Headunit, i doubt. I meant that only. Sorry if my words are confusing....

"Effect", Yes. definitely. "Improvement" on an already converted signal from Headunit, i doubt. I meant that only. Sorry if my words are confusing....
What conversion are you talking about?? Sounds like you are feeding the HU with digital signals and they are converted by the HU!!!!

What conversion are you talking about??

I was referring to the digital to analog conversion happening in the head unit and subsequently sending to the analogue outputs, which is going to be the input of your amplifier!

Sounds like you are feeding the HU with digital signals and they are converted by the HU!!!!

Exactly! What happens when you play a CD in your head unit? the digital data (1s and 0s) from the disc are read and converted to analog by the head unit.. i was referring to this only! Same happens for bluetooth streaming too!!

Hello All,

1-JVC ks dr3004
2- KENWOOD kac-ps704ex
3- FOCAL ap 4340
4- Pioneer or Infinity

Regards,
Amit Satam
FOCAL , pioneer, infinity -- all are good brands , FOCAL on high price side , infinity little pricier, and pioneer affordable. As per i have seen for CAR Audio , the amplifiers work best for the same brand of speakers. Choose speakers from same brand. You may go ahead with infinity i guess.

In my early days i used to spend a lot on car audio -- adding amps , woofers , speakers ..etc. At one point i realized too much spending on car audio does not make my experience the best. Hence I stopped spending it .

Adding a 10 " woofer or 12 " woofer to your car makes difference. Amps for speakers generally makes difference only on very high volume. Since CAR is contained space , we won't go further certain volume , that's why i did not feel much difference.

Instead you can spend on home Audio where you can sit and enjoy ...!! :) :) :)

I was referring to the digital to analog conversion happening in the head unit and subsequently sending to the analogue outputs, which is going to be the input of your amplifier!

Exactly! What happens when you play a CD in your head unit? the digital data (1s and 0s) from the disc are read and converted to analog by the head unit.. i was referring to this only! Same happens for bluetooth streaming too!!
Woodman HU is doesn't have a CD player. It has usb and aux inputs

Woodman HU is doesn't have a CD player. It has usb and aux inputs

Does not matter... Both CD and USB will have digital files which need analogue conversion!

Aux - can be used to take the analog input directly from compatible devices.. for eg, stereo output from a portable MP3 player.. In this scenario, the HU wont be involved in digital to analogue conversion.. it simply amplifies the incoming analogue signal to be fed to the speaker....

But, i think the primary input will be USB where normally users will have folders of their favorite albums and files in .flac, .wav or .mp3 formats.

So, YES.. THE HU WILL DO DIGITAL TO ANALOGUE CONVERSION!!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back