Car headunit + Amplifier to be used at home

chiraghbir

Hi Guys

I have Mcintosh mx 406 Headunit + Mosconi As 100.4 amplifier ( car audio equipment ) which i plan to use at home .

Can anyone suggest and explain in detail how can i do this in right way not blowing the pocket .

Thanks

Use an old car battery and a battery charger. Pure high current DC is essential which will be very costly even to DIY from the 220v AC.

I have used a 650W Computer power supply to run a JBL 4channel Amp at home 3-4 years back. It was a server grade power supply and i had to search a lot to get this in bangalore. I remember i paid 800 bucks for the SMPS though not sure.
I guess Headunit can be driven with a lower watt SMPS which is used in normal desktop PC (200-400 W).

NOTE: It served me for almost 1.5 years without issue and later due to a power fluctuation, I blown the amp :D

I have used a 650W Computer power supply to run a JBL 4channel Amp at home 3-4 years back. It was a server grade power supply and i had to search a lot to get this in bangalore. I remember i paid 800 bucks for the SMPS though not sure.
I guess Headunit can be driven with a lower watt SMPS which is used in normal desktop PC (200-400 W).

NOTE: It served me for almost 1.5 years without issue and later due to a power fluctuation, I blown the amp :D

+1 to that and a 450Watt SMPS would put out 20 Amps at 12 Volts. Or else get yourself a CCTV power supply some of which can put out upto 100 Amps.

Regards,

lifewater

Get a Coolermaster PFC based server supply rated 800W to make sure you have enough current to run the amp.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back