Center, Surround & Woofer to match the Bose 301 Series V book selves

v25253

Hi everybody!
I received the Bose 301's as a gift and even though I know that they aren't anywhere close to the semi-audiophile sounding speakers available in the market for the same price, I want to use them for a HT for a small room (12 x 10). I request all to advice me as to which center channel, surrounds and woofer would best match these. I would rate the center channel to be top priority followed by woofer (compact) and the surrounds.

Am considering pairing these with my Denon 1306 AVR. I don't have the budget to upgrade the AVR for now and budget for the rest is 25k (-/+ 5k).

Usage 70% movies - 30% music.

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions!

Congrats!! I wish i also got some speakers as gifts :)

Coming to centre channel and subwoofer. The usual recomendation for centre channel is that it should be matched with the front speakers, ie from the same company and same series. For 301, there is a model bose VCS-10 which is normally used. I could find it in amazon for less than 200$. For surround, you can use bose 201 or bose 161 pairs. For your roomsize, 161 may be enough. For subwoofers, you can search in the forum. There are good brands like velodyne in the market. 30k may be a bit inadequate for all these.

Thanks for your suggestions! I am aware of these options, but was looking for non-bose stuff. The aim is to replace the 301 with something more advanced at a later stage.

I have read rave rewies of the Polk Blackstone TL series ie. 1,2 &3. However my inquiries regarding the same came unfulfilled from the 3 dealers I contacted.

I think 25-30 maybe adequate considering that I am probably looking for a 8" sub with ok to decent surrounds. The center however remains a challenge.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back