Cerwin Vega CLS-215s

krishnenduk

is anyone heard of this Cerwin Vega CLS-215s speakers.. I am getting an offer for them...

Does it worth the buy?? what about their performance??

Those are professional grade loud speakers i think.....and rated at 500W.So, might need some serious amp i presume? Wait for the tech heads to reply....

It's a good match if you are a party animal and like it big and loud. With a sensitivity of 97dB or so, you can get away with virtually any entry level amp too.

Cheers.

Last edited:
nope.. not from kottayam.. i am getting the deal of 30K for a used pair of about 1 year usage... if it doesnt have the detail/quality iam looking for then i will drop the deal....

I am planning to build a decent stereo music setup... Does this Cerwin Vega CLS-215s speakers satisfy my need???

It won't do justice to ur needs IMHO bro...these should go REALLY loud, but mostly with details missing.Maybe u should try the Wharfedale 10.6 or 10.7 in the 40k range or some Mordaunt Short FSs(dunno the budget though).

It won't do justice to ur needs IMHO bro...these should go REALLY loud, but mostly with details missing.Maybe u should try the Wharfedale 10.6 or 10.7 in the 40k range or some Mordaunt Short FSs(dunno the budget though).

Thanks buddy... is wharfedale 9.5 for 21K a good deal??

its not new one buddy.... around 1 year old.. but in very good condition... is the deal good???

The new 9.5s are going for 26 k in bangalore considering they are one year old in very good condition (no cosmic damages in or out) I think it is a good deal but I were to buy I would bargain a bit to try my luck... Looks like you are planning to sell urs :p am I right ;)

Kittu

hi hi....:lol: nope buddy...
i want to build a dedicated stereo setup in another room....:) so hunting for another set of speakers...
The new 9.5s are going for 26 k in bangalore considering they are one year old in very good condition (no cosmic damages in or out) I think it is a good deal but I were to buy I would bargain a bit to try my luck... Looks like you are planning to sell urs :p am I right ;)

Kittu

Yep, 9.5s for 21k seems decent if its not an abused piece and not too old.But u will be getting 'more of the same' feeling and might get bored very soon since u already own the same equipment-if u get what i mean.So, if u have a 30k budget, i think u should audition a few more pieces/brands and still can't find their signatures satisfying as the current 9.5s, go for this used deal.

Regards

I like the sound signature of wharf 9.5 for its price.. but havent heard other speakers since in Kerala the scope of audition is very less....:sad:
can u suggest me some very good floorstanders for stereo setup in 30K range??
Yep, 9.5s for 21k seems decent if its not an abused piece and not too old.But u will be getting 'more of the same' feeling and might get bored very soon since u already own the same equipment-if u get what i mean.So, if u have a 30k budget, i think u should audition a few more pieces/brands and still can't find their signatures satisfying as the current 9.5s, go for this used deal.

Regards

Last edited:
OP -

The thing is you are not clearly defining your need so one cannot guide you appropriately.

The review linked here is relatively accurate. It is not as sensitive as stated, it does sound better than expected coming from a brand like Cerwin Vega. By no means the best sound quality on the planet but their SPL capabilities will blow away speakers costing a lot more while sounding decent, depending on ones definition of decent. It really depends on what you listen to. Harder music suits the CVs while softer music does not. For HT its not even a contest, it will blow the Wharfes out of the water, with a sub. I have tested this myself.

Read above.

I have heard plenty of "Hi-Fi" speakers and I found them lacking. I preferred the CVs to the Wharfe system I had which I believe I sold to you. Do hope your enjoying them, but they didn't suit my tastes.

Bro...
I used to listen to soft music rather than hard ones... almost all malayalam songs are soft.. I cant play the music loud too(hard stares from wife as well as neighbours)... :D

thts why i planned to keep my wharf 9.5 as dedicated stereo setup and another wharf 5.1 for HT.. But in a dont know situation to go for wharf 9.5 as stereo or any other speakers...

If Cerwin Vegas doesnt suits for soft music then it doesnt serves my purpose... I listen to hard music very rarely(when i m alone...)... :)
OP -

The thing is you are not clearly defining your need so one cannot guide you appropriately.

The review linked here is relatively accurate. It is not as sensitive as stated, it does sound better than expected coming from a brand like Cerwin Vega. By no means the best sound quality on the planet but their SPL capabilities will blow away speakers costing a lot more while sounding decent, depending on ones definition of decent. It really depends on what you listen to. Harder music suits the CVs while softer music does not. For HT its not even a contest, it will blow the Wharfes out of the water, with a sub. I have tested this myself.

Read above.

I have heard plenty of "Hi-Fi" speakers and I found them lacking. I preferred the CVs to the Wharfe system I had which I believe I sold to you. Do hope your enjoying them, but they didn't suit my tastes.

Bro...
I used to listen to soft music rather than hard ones... almost all malayalam songs are soft.. I cant play the music loud too(hard stares from wife as well as neighbours)... :D

thts why i planned to keep my wharf 9.5 as dedicated stereo setup and another wharf 5.1 for HT.. But in a dont know situation to go for wharf 9.5 as stereo or any other speakers...

If Cerwin Vegas doesnt suits for soft music then it doesnt serves my purpose... I listen to hard music very rarely(when i m alone...)... :)

I would not recommend the CVs to you then. The whole point of these is to play loud, that's why I bought em. They were essentially a stepping stone, and I'm sure when I upgrade my speakers again the current ones will also be a stepping stone in retrospect ;)

For 30k and soft music, Wharfes are a good bet IMO. TBH I am not the right person to ask about speakers for softer music, particularly at that price point.

Good luck.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back