Cheap Media Players / Home Theatre?

HeadElastico

Hi guys,

I was going to get the YHT-2910 from Yamaha. I had booked the speakers and got the wiring done in the house (with the expensive thick wires) we are moving to. However, due to some factors, I do not want to spend big money on a HT system in my room and have decided to get something under 10k.

The setup I require is - I will have a 4k TV, Tata Sky HD a PS4 console and possibly a laptop. I just want to connect these to a 5.1 system and get good surround sound (with bluetooth). I just want something that can connect to these devices easily and obviously moving from a proper Yamaha HT to generic media speakers as such will have its compromises, which I am okay with.

Can someone please tell me what kind of speakers I should be getting? I'm very new to this space and don't understand the whole digital/analog/coaxial lingo; so could do with some help from you guys.

There is a ton of stuff on Amazon etc.

I was looking at something like this

Truvison SE-7777 20000 Watts 5.1 Multimedia Speaker System USB FM AUX MMC Playback Support Bluetooth Feature Superior Sound Clarity Price: Buy Truvison SE-7777 20000 Watts 5.1 Multimedia Speaker System USB FM AUX MMC Playback Support Bluetooth Featur

Would appreciate your feedback on whether this would suit my requirement. Please let me know in case I am going about this in the wrong way.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I was going to get the YHT-2910 from Yamaha. I had booked the speakers and got the wiring done in the house (with the expensive thick wires) we are moving to. However, due to some factors, I do not want to spend big money on a HT system in my room and have decided to get something under 10k.

The setup I require is - I will have a 4k TV, Tata Sky HD a PS4 console and possibly a laptop. I just want to connect these to a 5.1 system and get good surround sound (with bluetooth). I just want something that can connect to these devices easily and obviously moving from a proper Yamaha HT to generic media speakers as such will have its compromises, which I am okay with.

Can someone please tell me what kind of speakers I should be getting? I'm very new to this space and don't understand the whole digital/analog/coaxial lingo; so could do with some help from you guys.

There is a ton of stuff on Amazon etc.

I was looking at something like this

Truvison SE-7777 20000 Watts 5.1 Multimedia Speaker System USB FM AUX MMC Playback Support Bluetooth Feature Superior Sound Clarity Price: Buy Truvison SE-7777 20000 Watts 5.1 Multimedia Speaker System USB FM AUX MMC Playback Support Bluetooth Featur

Would appreciate your feedback on whether this would suit my requirement. Please let me know in case I am going about this in the wrong way.
These speakers have only analog inputs. That means to connect hd set top box you will need another digital to 5 channel analog converter. Additional expenses. And another USB sound card for the laptop. More expenses. After all this, end result not good.

I would strongly recommend going to AV receiver route as it gives flexibility regarding inputs. At least yht 196. If laptop has HDMI out then connection is very easy.

Other option, logitech z906 as it has digital inputs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

These speakers have only analog inputs. That means to connect hd set top box you will need another digital to 5 channel analog converter. Additional expenses. And another USB sound card for the laptop. More expenses. After all this, end result not good.

I would strongly recommend going to AV receiver route as it gives flexibility regarding inputs. At least yht 196. If laptop has HDMI out then connection is very easy.

Other option, logitech z906 as it has digital inputs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

dr_rocket - Thanks a lot for your response - helped me avoid a disaster!

The Logitech z906 seems to be a good option; I'm seeing it for ~17k online, which I am okay with. Can you please give me some idea on how my setup would work? As in - I have a PS4, a an HD set top box, a 4K tv (which I will use to stream 4k Netflix and such) - how exactly would these have to be connected to each other and the speakers?

Also, I see there is no HDMI, what exactly is the implication of this?

Thanks a lot!

Also, Sony IV-300 vs Logitech Z906? Your thoughts? sony looks better at first glance because of Bluetooth and HDMI inputs..

Feedback appreciated!

Settop box and PS4 can be connected via digital inputs on the logitech. Laptop can be tricky. If you have HDMI in laptop then best to go for yht 196 as it has much more flexibility and upgradibility as compared to HT-IV300. Sound also should be much better

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back