Chord 2Qute DAC

Panditji..Nice to read about the Chord2QuteLooks like it must be one wonderful piece!
Did I understand right that it has only a USB and Coax In?
My current set up consists of Dali Ikon 7 towers driven by Arcam A39 and I am quite happy with the combo. For the source I am using the Bluesound Node which I use as a streamer and also to play my FLAC and wav ripped CD collection through the USB input.
The Node has an inbuilt cirrus logic DAC which seems (and sounds) to deliver a good sound output. It does not have a Coax out though..jus an optical out.
I am contemplating going in for a stand alone DAC if it can make a perceptible improvement. I intend to take the Opt out from the node and also use the DAC to play through a USB IN. I have already auditioned the Benchmark Dac2 and was rather surprised that it sounded almost similar like the Node DAC itself (surprised cos the Benchmark is a high priced equipment).
Would appreciate any suggestionsThanks!

Hi

The Chord plays superbly through the USB and your bluesound DAC seems to be quite good if you cannot make out much difference from a Benchmark....The 2Qute IMHO is definitely better sounding than the Benchmark but then you need to hear it yourself to find out how much of a difference is there in SQ with your Bluesound and if it is worth it or not...

You are most welcome to come over with the Bluesound and compare it with the 2Qute and find out for yourself...

The 2Qute's USB input is galvanically isolated and the designer of the DAC says an external PSU or USB isolator will not make any improvements... Many 2Qute users on the Head-fi thread have tried using products like Uptone Regen, Schiit Wyrd and Audioquest Jitterbug but have reported no difference.. I myslef have not used any product but I will believe what the designer and the other users say and save myself a lot of money...

So I assume the power supply has been made to the best of Chord's ability since no difference is made by using any external PSU and since the USB input is galvanically isolated, no point trying out any USB isolator...

This DAC is for people who do not like to experiment much with equipment...

Sounds good. Guess they would have thought about it at that level and price. How is the bass response of those Herbeths? Arent thoses rated from 47hz or so? I would love to hear a pair someday.

At the UK price of 2Qute, it is a great buy and you save a ton of cash by not experimenting....Feel free to come over to listen to both the the DAC and the speakers...You are not too far away...

Hey Rahul, good to see that you finally got your DAC upgrade done with. It is good that you like how the DAC is performing. Will be interesting to listen to the same. My setup is also quite ready. You may drop by whenever you are in this part of the city. We can do a small DAC comparison as well. I would love to get educated on how well the other DACs are performing.

Cheers
Kartick

I still haven't updated my signatures here with the system details. My turntable project is currently in progress so thought I should make the revelation only once everything is complete. :)

On the DAC front, I have been reading a lot on paralleling the DAC boards that Douma recommends. I am still weighing the pros and cons of that before I make the investment. This is one of the important reasons why I would wish to listen to other good DACs also. I have read some reviews on your DAC and it seems like a might fine one within that price range. Hoping to audition it soon !!

Planing to use my CHORD 2 QUTE in Raspberry Pi 3 with HiFiBerry Digi+ Trans version after reading many positive reviews on Raspberry Pi 3- HiFiBerry Digi+.But i have to use Optical or S/PDIF output. Till now i have used only PC UBS and found excellent.Direct Raspberry Pi 3 USB found not that good.
I dont have any coaxial input , so i could never test it with my DAC. The above move is to make my system apparently simpler. Wireless digital source will enhance the portability ! and hoping to get improvement in SQ .

How is the comparison of the 2Qute's USB vs Coaxial input ??

CHORD 2 QUTE user & forum members kindly advise me if the move is on right track or west of ....?

I have tried optical input of 2qute from Oppo 105 vs USB from RPi3 and to my untrained ears, found USB input much better.

The USB input of 2qute is supposed to be 'galvanically isolated' and hence supposed to be superior.

Of course, YMMV!

I have tried optical input of 2qute from Oppo 105 vs USB from RPi3 and to my untrained ears, found USB input much better.

The USB input of 2qute is supposed to be 'galvanically isolated' and hence supposed to be superior.

Of course, YMMV!

Did you compare anytime with USB PC vs pi3?
Also did you hear any noise or disturbance form pi3/pi2 usb anytime ?

No Das, I did not do a A/B comparison of PC USB and Pi3 USB but did for pi3 USB and optical out from Oppo player and I preferred pi3 USB.

There was absolutely no noise when used from Pi3/ PC USB, presumably due to the galvanic isolation in 2qute.

Hi Folks,
I been listening to Chord 2Qute DAC last night and observed that it blows Asus Xonar STX card into oblivion. It's just been few hours and not sure if burn-in will enhance the sound quality further. The first impressions that struck me were attack and rhythm, followed by tight bass. Everything sound much more cleaner, isn't that what this hobby is all about?

HiFi: JRiver > Chord 2Qute > Nad 2240PE > Pioneer CS-905

Last edited:
Hi Folks,
I been listening to Chord 2Qute DAC last night and observed that it blows Asus Xonar STX card into oblivion. It's just been few hours and not sure if burn-in will enhance the sound quality further. The first impressions that struck me were attack and rhythm, followed by tight bass. Everything sound much more cleaner, isn't that what this hobby is all about?

Congratulation on the new DAC.
Do keep us posted on the burn in

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back