Chrome cast audio

CLEARCUT

Normally I don't believe in wireless transmission. But after hearing through my son's apple tv I was impressed by the sq and as well as the convenient. But my favorite phone is Android so I started searching for such one. I came across good review of chrome cast audio through my favorite cnet. It was available in flipkart. I got it asap with neatly packing. It was very cheap and very tiny. Was it vfm? After some R&d I found out that I needed hp to stereo rca connector. Accidentally it was with me. They gave one 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable and power chord. With a great curiosity I connected to my jadis tube Pre to krell power Amp. Disappointed yes the sonic effect of apple tv was not there. After going through net I found out it needed one small to normal optical cable. Chrome accept stereo ep pin as well as Optical cable. I had to order one Mono price small to normal Optical cable. After receiving it I connected chrome via my wyred4sound Dac Wow I started excited what a sonic effect complete change. Sq is super some times I feel it is better than Apple TV. Still there is no break up in streaming. While streaming you can use your phone as normal as possible. Yes I am typing this while mirroring my phone. That is a big advantage. I highly recommend. It is cheap and Best. But both phone and Chrome needs to be connected through the same Wi-Fi. So if you want better streamer for Android for audio you could go for it. Same time if you have Dac order the compatible Optical cable. Enjoy

Sir, in analogue mode, you need to enable the dynamic range in the settings of the chromecast audio. In digital mode, it is enabled by default.

Please check that

Is there any way to know if the digital output from chromecast is having bitperfect audio (ie. 44.1)? Sometimes DAC have a screen which shows the input rate...

Sq is super some times I feel it is better than Apple TV.

The reasons CCA sounds different than Apple TV is due to the fact that Apple TV converts everything to 48 kHz bit rate. So even if you are feeding it 44.1, it will change to 48.

But for CCA, it might be possible that it is either using 44.1 or upsampling 2X, 4X times and that is causing the sound signature to change. But someone needs to check the output if it is 44.1 or not.

The reasons CCA sounds different than Apple TV is due to the fact that Apple TV converts everything to 48 kHz bit rate. So even if you are feeding it 44.1, it will change to 48.

But for CCA, it might be possible that it is either using 44.1 or upsampling 2X, 4X times and that is causing the sound signature to change. But someone needs to check the output if it is 44.1 or not.

I have already answered your same query here... http://www.hifivision.com/wanted/67652-google-chromecast-audio-4.html (2nd last post of that page)

Yes, Google CCA can provide bit perfect signal through it's toslink out. That means, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz will remain as 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz respectively. My DAC has indicator of sampling frequency, so I can confirm it.

Except, when you force CCA to Audio Cast or Screen Cast from Google Home (for unsupported Apps for Audio Cast like Jio Music or YouTube or others), it will be always 48kHz for such occasion.

Last edited:
I do not have any jitter measurement meter but some people have. Recently I came to know that a famous DAC designer measured (I forget the link, have to see browsing history) the jitter, SNR and Channel Separation of Google CCA. As per his measurement he found analog out was not bad but ordinary. Also as per his observation it has jitter, but the quantity is not sensible by human ear and most of the modern DAC can overcome that kind of jitter through optical quite easily. He was rather wondered how can a cheap device like Google CCA can offer such performance at a minimalist price.

Now as per my observation till now, I found that it definitely perform better when I connect it to my MF M1 DAC than direct analog out. High frequency which tends to sound restricted with analog out(3.5mm), sounds much much better with external DAC.

But a challenge is here to find out a nice 3.5mm stereo analog cable for fair comparison, I personally not sure about inferior analog performance of CCA unless I use a really nice 3.5mm stereo analog cable which I am presently looking for, for the information my Music-hall Amp have a direct 3.5mm stereo input port, so no need of 3.5mm to RCA connector.

Last edited:
I have found some 3.5mm stereo cable here which seems to be excellent, but not sure!

ghentaudio --- D11 3.5mm TRS(M to M) Canare L-4E6S Audio Cable

ghentaudio --- D01 3.5mm TRS(M) Aux Canare L-2B2AT Audio Cable

ghentaudio --- D02 3.5mm TRS(M to M) Choseal 4N-OFC Cable

Flipkart have BlueRigger -https://www.amazon.in/BlueRigger-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B005PQTYHE, but length is longer than I want, as the CCA is small device (size wise as well as power wise) I think cable length should be kept as short as possible to avoid overload on it's tiny preamp section.

If anybody know about other source/store for high quality 3.5mm (male to male) stereo cable please share the link.

Last edited:
I have found some 3.5mm stereo cable here which seems to be excellent, but not sure!

ghentaudio --- D11 3.5mm TRS(M to M) Canare L-4E6S Audio Cable

ghentaudio --- D01 3.5mm TRS(M) Aux Canare L-2B2AT Audio Cable

ghentaudio --- D02 3.5mm TRS(M to M) Choseal 4N-OFC Cable

Flipkart have BlueRigger -https://www.amazon.in/BlueRigger-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B005PQTYHE, but length is longer than I want, as the CCA is small device (size wise as well as power wise) I think cable length should be kept as short as possible to avoid overload on it's tiny preamp section.

If anybody know about other source/store for high quality 3.5mm (male to male) stereo cable please share the link.

Wouldn't you need/looking for 3.5mm to RCA? I suppose you want for connecting CCA to your amp directly.
I used to use Profigold... that was given to me when I had first purchased my system. I did not get any chance to compare with any other similar cable but nevertheless it sounds good and neutral.

Wouldn't you need/looking for 3.5mm to RCA? I suppose you want for connecting CCA to your amp directly.
I used to use Profigold... that was given to me when I had first purchased my system. I did not get any chance to compare with any other similar cable but nevertheless it sounds good and neutral.

I think saikat has stated above that he has the 3.5mm input on his amp :)

Yes, if your system has good DAC, it will be better to use the mini-optical. I use the mini-optical with my Polk Woodbourne and the sound really opens up. Having said that, the SQ from the in-built DAC of the Chromecast audio through the aux cable is surprisingly decent for a Rs. 3000 product...

Hello FMs,

Bumping this old thread.

Have recently purchased Chromcast audio and it works absolutely fabulous with Saavn and other music apps. However, when I am trying to play music on youtube, it refuses to cast. I want to use my phone screen for random video but cast its sound to my speakers.

Is there a hack or an app that can pull me out of the situation?

Please advice.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back