Class A or D amplifier users in Pune

vbutani

I am thinking to upgrade my power amp and would like to audition different class amps.
Please advise if anybody using class A or D amp in Pune city.
I never listened to them so it would be great if I get chance to listen to them before making decision.

Thanks in advance.

I am thinking to upgrade my power amp and would like to audition different class amps.
Please advise if anybody using class A or D amp in Pune city.
I never listened to them so it would be great if I get chance to listen to them before making decision.

Thanks in advance.
What is it about your present setup or any particular sound signature you are seeking for that is lacking? I have a solid state 20W Integrated Class A from Indiqaudio, and I've been in love with it ever since it arrived. It has been a significant step up for me from Class AB to A because I had no prior experience with Class A be is tube or SS.

What is it about your present setup or any particular sound signature you are seeking for that is lacking? I have a solid state 20W Integrated Class A from Indiqaudio, and I've been in love with it ever since it arrived. It has been a significant step up for me from Class AB to A because I had no prior experience with Class A be is tube or SS.
I have O&B SS2150 class AB amp currently and It is powerful amp.

I recently updated my DAC to Musician Pegasus R2R and liked the direct sound out of it so sold my tube preamp which was filtering high frequency micro details coming out of DAC.

My current setup:
MacBook pro > Pegasus R2R > O&B power amp with volume pot > Dali blue 6006 floorstanding with SVS SB 1000 pro sub

To be honest, I am not sure what is lacking in the system, but I feel I can get more sonic improvements.
I feel I am not getting depth or imaging in my current setup so thinking if I can get it by updating to different class Amps like A or D, but not sure which path to take so thought to get audition from existing users as I never listened to class A or D amps.
I read that latest class D amps like Sabaj ICEpower modules had made significant improvements and has good imaging and depth and they do sound good so would try to listen them as well if someone already using them in Pune.

I recently updated my DAC to Musician Pegasus R2R and liked the direct sound out of it so sold my tube preamp which was filtering high frequency micro details coming out of DAC.

My current setup:
MacBook pro > Pegasus R2R > O&B power amp with volume pot > Dali blue 6006 floorstanding with SVS SB 1000 pro sub

To be honest, I am not sure what is lacking in the system, but I feel I can get more sonic improvements.
I feel I am not getting depth or imaging in my current setup so thinking if I can get it by updating to different class Amps like A or D, but not sure which path to take so thought to get audition from existing users as I never listened to class A or D amps.
I read that latest class D amps like Sabaj ICEpower modules had made significant improvements and has good imaging and depth and they do sound good so would try to listen them as well if someone already using them in Pune.
Understood. Getting amps for home demos and listening in your setup is the best way forward. It might not be a good idea to listen to the amp in a different setup and in a different room. Ask Indiqaudio if they have any customers in Pune that you may borrow from. You can make use of their 15-day trial as well.

Just to reiterate, I have familiarity with their class A amp only, which to me sounds very different from Class AB, in a good way.

I feel I am not getting depth or imaging in my current setup
Imaging, soundstage, height, and depth are all attributes of good speaker placement. Good imaging is one of the easiest to achieve, if you aren't getting a sharp centre image from a box speaker then your speaker placement isn't optimal. No amp is going to solve this.
Do you need assistance with this? There are several easy tutorials I can point you to.

Imaging, soundstage, height, and depth are all attributes of good speaker placement. Good imaging is one of the easiest to achieve, if you aren't getting a sharp centre image from a box speaker then your speaker placement isn't optimal. No amp is going to solve this.
Do you need assistance with this? There are several easy tutorials I can point you to.
Thanks, please share tutorials so I can check if any correction required.
I am sure that I get sharp centre image out of the speakers, but please share your inputs which will be really helpful.
Any test sound tracks which can be used to check the height, depth etc?

Thanks, please share tutorials so I can check if any correction required.
I am sure that I get sharp centre image out of the speakers, but please share your inputs which will be really helpful.
Any test sound tracks which can be used to check the height, depth etc?

Try these one by one, and see what works best. These require a lot of patience, but the rewards are bountiful.

Check Imaging and Soundstage with this guide (Post #7)

The 2 approaches to help you with speaker placement are here below:
L.O.T.S

Master Set (pdf attached)

Attachments

• master-set Speaker Placement.pdf
    74 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Try these one by one, and see what works best. These require a lot of patience, but the rewards are bountiful.

Check Imaging and Soundstage with this guide (Post #7)

The 2 approaches to help you with speaker placement are here below:
L.O.T.S

Master Set (pdf attached)

One doubt for LOTS approach, it is required to divide total width with 4 and 3 to get the placement of speaker.
I have to consider the total usable width of the room right?
E.g. room width is 15ft but seating arrangement is in 9ft.
So I have to do math 9/4 and 9/3 to get placement of one speaker, is my understanding correct?

I cant bring forward the speakers due to WAF and space available which is 10ft, max I can bring forward 6 inch from rear wall. Any advise in this?
Though I will try to follow the LOTS approach to test how good depth I can get from my speakers.

The entire width and length needs to taken into account, I have tried this and usually you end up with or around an equilateral triangle setup

Not usable, full width. So calculate with 15’.
Post a sketch of your listening room.
Actually, the sketch I attached is the place where I will shift in future.

My current living room setup is in below post.

I may have limitations in future living room hence your inputs will help me plan better as the it is still under construction. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107-185559.png
    Screenshot_20230107-185559.png
    993.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
The attached sketch is my current setup where I am trying to setup speakers. Sorry for my laziness in above post.

Attachments

• 20230107_192355.jpg
    20230107_192355.jpg
    752.2 KB · Views: 15

My current setup:

I would suggest you to check different speakers 1st. I am not sure how much Dali blue 6006 would deliver.
Take your amp to different speakers and see how it performs.
I am located in Aundh.
@mbhangui we can meet together. You need to pick your cabinets as well.

The attached sketch is my current setup where I am trying to setup speakers. Sorry for my laziness in above post.
You can start by placing the speakers 2.8ft or 3ft from either(left and right) walls with wall to tweeter distance being 2.8 or 3ft if its possible without the door movement being hindered.

I would suggest you to check different speakers 1st. I am not sure how much Dali blue 6006 would deliver.
Take your amp to different speakers and see how it performs.
I am located in Aundh.
@mbhangui we can meet together. You need to pick your cabinets as well.
What say @vbutani? Let's pick a date/time convenient to Nishant. I'm free all days next week.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back