Class D amp with great bass slam and control

newlash09

Hi all..
Good evening.

Iam planning to go class D from my present class A to power the bass drivers. Since they will only be running frequencies below 400hz. Was looking for suggestions for 100W to 400W class D amps. I could have looked at sub woofer plate amps, but wanted something that came fully built in a enclosure. So that it is safe to leave it powered on, around the kids.

So the requirement would be as under mentioned:

1. Solid bass slam and control
2. Fully built with a safe enclosure
3. Power 100 to 400 watts
4. Ideally would prefer mono blocks , and again preferably compact in size.

Thanks for your time and suggestions..

Look for the Hypex class D modules and if you are game for DIY then they are the best bets for your usage and one of the best class D amps :)

Look for the Hypex class D modules and if you are game for DIY then they are the best bets for your usage and one of the best class D amps :)

Thanks manniraj :)

I've had the hypex modules in sights. But fully built ones are designed for full range use. And well reviewed ones seem to be expensive.

So I was looking for something class D I could get locally in India or on Amazon. I was thinking more on the lines of sub woofer amps , powerful, compact and power efficient. But the problem is finding one with a box.

Hi
I have a GALLO SA amp which was made specifically to drive the second voice coils of my floor-standers
250wpc class AB

Thanks manniraj :)

I've had the hypex modules in sights. But fully built ones are designed for full range use. And well reviewed ones seem to be expensive.

So I was looking for something class D I could get locally in India or on Amazon. I was thinking more on the lines of sub woofer amps , powerful, compact and power efficient. But the problem is finding one with a box.
Few suggestions that come to my mind,

Nuprime Sta monoblocks are more refined class D, with good power @280wpc.
Crown XLS has low pass dsp and plenty of power.
Both should be available in Hyderabad for home auditioning. For your impeccable premium DIY speakers ; Don't buy anything without listening with your gear.

I'm looking to build a sealed subwoofer and on hunt for a high watt subwoofer amp. I don't want to invest a lot, and okay for DIY too. Are Hypex models available in india?

@newlash09: Have you found an amp?

Few suggestions that come to my mind,

Nuprime Sta monoblocks are more refined class D, with good power @280wpc.
Crown XLS has low pass dsp and plenty of power.
Both should be available in Hyderabad for home auditioning. For your impeccable premium DIY speakers ; Don't buy anything without listening with your gear.

One more option is qsc amplifiers. These sre also available on amaozn India.

One more option is qsc amplifiers. These sre also available on amaozn India.
qsca amplifiers are for commercial movie theatre . do they serve purpose for home audio. as i auditioned qsc dca amps made in usa . they are not matched for my kef speakers

I'm looking to build a sealed subwoofer and on hunt for a high watt subwoofer amp. I don't want to invest a lot, and okay for DIY too. Are Hypex models available in india?

@newlash09: Have you found an amp?

Hi Robin :)

MY DIY skills are non existent when it comes to electronics. So I bought some nuprime class d mono blocks for the bass duties .

Hi Robin :)

MY DIY skills are non existent when it comes to electronics. So I bought some nuprime class d mono blocks for the bass duties .
How is the performance? Does the amp have full control over the sub? My only worry is that the amp shouldn't be underpowered.

qsca amplifiers are for commercial movie theatre . do they serve purpose for home audio. as i auditioned qsc dca amps made in usa . they are not matched for my kef speakers

QSC amplifiers are not that different than Crown in quality and price wise. Both have good reviews on amazon.com.
As i said earlier both of these are cheaper option as compared to higher end amplifier. I would only use these amps for subwoofer as I'm currently 2502 for Morel 1000 W subwoofer.

How is the performance? Does the amp have full control over the sub? My only worry is that the amp shouldn't be underpowered.

Hi again robin :)

Unfortunately I haven't received the amps yet. Should be here by next week I guess. I will surely post back my listening impressions once they are here :)

Hi all..
Good evening.

Iam planning to go class D from my present class A to power the bass drivers. Since they will only be running frequencies below 400hz. Was looking for suggestions for 100W to 400W class D amps. I could have looked at sub woofer plate amps, but wanted something that came fully built in a enclosure. So that it is safe to leave it powered on, around the kids.

So the requirement would be as under mentioned:

1. Solid bass slam and control
2. Fully built with a safe enclosure
3. Power 100 to 400 watts
4. Ideally would prefer mono blocks , and again preferably compact in size.

Thanks for your time and suggestions..
You should only consider Hypex nCore amps and for dsp u have many options Hypex dsp miniDSP behringer etc
The bass that u get in Hypex u will not get in ice and class ab monoblocks or evening crown class d pa amps

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back