Compressed air?

They were available at a photography shop in Connaught Place, couple of years back. I have never used them since then. I had bought them for cleaning PCB's.

I faced problems while using them -
the can had to be held upright,
sometimes the air had some droplets on them (not good for optics or electronics)
expensive to use.

Why do you need them ?

for that why you wanna waste money on the expensive can. go to the pc market and ask for PC blower. will cost you 350 bucks and will serve you in long term..

it's a 15000 rpm fan and good enough to blow dust out of anything..

I use a decorator's paint brush and a domestic vacuum cleaner.

Caution advised:
some authorities say not to use a vacuum, due to the danger of small parts, jumpers, etc being sucked off the board. I can appreciate that in theory, but it has never ever happened to me.

Last edited:
I use a decorator's paint brush and a domestic vacuum cleaner.

Caution advised:
some authorities say not to use a vacuum, due to the danger of small parts, jumpers, etc being sucked off the board. I can appreciate that in theory, but it has never ever happened to me.

IIRC Vacuum cleaners and air blowers aren't recommended for use with electronic equipment due the static electricity created by these devices.

Static electricity can destroy IC's etc due to the high voltages involved.

Another caution. I can't deny it --- but I have vacuumed quite a few PCs with no mishap at all.

You can blow a chip with static by just touching it. No other equipment needed!

If air alone is used there is no harm from static electricity but nothing should touch the circuits. One can use the exhaust of the vacuum cleaner to blow out the dust. The air blower is theoretically a vacuum cleaner working in the opposite direction.

I use a 3 inch wide brush used by painters, available at any hardware store. Have used it to clean pcbs several times with no issue. Learned this from a TV Technician :)

Just ensure you touch it to 'ground' before using to discharge any static.

Choose a larger volume and pressure if you will require larger volumes of air for your application; otherwise, you will always be waiting for the tank to fill up and this will decrease your work efficiency

Back