Connecting a network player with Integrated amp query?

Tako

I am new to HiFi and looking to build a stereo system with peachtree nova300 as my amp/dac. I need something to read my audio files mostly flacs and dsfs, for that I am looking into a network player but as far as I know network players already have a DAC in them so what would happen If I connect it to the nova300 will the DAC inside streamer will be used or of the Int Amp? Would it be a good idea to choose a streamer for this purpose if I want the DAC of nova or should I look for something else?

Last edited:
If you network streamer has digital output then you can connect that to your nova 300. In this case the network streamer signal will be converted by nova300 not by your network streamer.

If you like the sound of Nova DAC, just a transport. Depending on you budget, you can look at Audiolab 600n, LUMIN U1 mini, SOTM SMS200Ultra ( trifecta), Aurender or Sonore Microrendu

Also make sure the transport supports the streaming service/technology that you need and enjoy like tidal, spotify connect, airplay etc

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back