Connecting Laptop to AVR/LCD TV

TapasDas1980

Hi Team,

I need experts advice here.

I have a Dell E6400 laptop with a display port at back. My intention is to use a Display port to HDMI convert and connect that to my Yamaha AVR RX-V465 using a HDMI cable and then use another HDMI cable to connect my LG LCD tv to my AVR.

I found that adapter here.

Display Port to HDMI Converter Adapter | eBay

Please let me know whether I will get HD video on my TV and Audio in my book shelf speakers connected to my AVR, if I play any BDRipped video using VLC player on my Laptop?

Thanks in advance.

This should work,still would recommend a media player,instead of frying yr laptop with those big hd files

Just connect the hdmi to ur laptop and tv. Ave will pick it from the tv. Remember to give the sound output in vlc and I think u r set

Just connect the hdmi to ur laptop and tv. Ave will pick it from the tv. Remember to give the sound output in vlc and I think u r set

So to get sound output in my speakers connected to my AVR, shall I use Optical cable?

Laptop --> Displayport to HDMI Adapter with a HDMI cable to TV --> Optical output to AVR ?

By display port I assume u mean the VGA port? If yes, why will it carry sound?

U hav an optical out on the laptop?

Sorry, missin something here.

By display port I assume u mean the VGA port? If yes, why will it carry sound?

U hav an optical out on the laptop?

Sorry, missin something here.

Dell e6400 has a separate port called DISPLAYPORT which is not a VGA port nor a HDMI port. It has capability to send Video and Audio both

I have received the items as ordered from ebay. I am surprised. :) . Awesome performance. Connection as described.

Dell E6400 > Displayport to HMI adapter + HMI cable > AVR > HDMI cable > LCD

I am amazed by the PQ and SQ quality. Now I can see all my HD BDRIP movies in my LCD and hear Sound from speakers. :)

I am happy. Time taken to search this alternative to media player.

I think now I wait little bit longer to get high end Media player.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back