Convert one old cassette tape into digital or CD in Bangalore

Staxxx

Hello
I have a short tape (cassette) of sentimental value which I would like to convert into a digital file or burn it onto a CD. Is there anyone in Bangalore who can do this for me please?
Thanks!!

If you have PC and tape recorder OR a walkman with you..You yourself can do it very easily..I have converted so many rare tapes to WAV files.Its really very easy..

Sadly I don't have either a tape recorder nor a walkman. Just out of curiosity what will the audio output plug into on the PC as mine does not have any audio inputs I think?

PC usually has a MIC input or a LINE IN. If you have a Walkman, you could connect it to that and then use a software like Audacity to record and encode the result in a digital format (MP3 or WAV or any other specific format you desire).

if you run a desktop PC, odds are that it would have a line in (blue jack) on the motherboard.

But if it's a good recording, better get it converted with a decent ADC

If you have PC and tape recorder OR a walkman with you..You yourself can do it very easily..I have converted so many rare tapes to WAV files.Its really very easy..
Hello Sir

Can you please advise how you did this? Is there a specific convertor we need to use an interface between the PC and the Walkman? Also do we need AV wire?

thanks

Quoting below form an old thread
All you need is a cassette player and a computer. Audacity is a good free software for recording. Record at 24bit 96khz. Make sure that the volume is low, well below clipping. Max of -0.9dB. you we get great results. Better than what the music companies in India did with most albums when they digitized.

Thanks,
Sharad Medhavi
I would rip at 16/44 unless the recording quality is high

Hello Sir

Can you please advise how you did this? Is there a specific convertor we need to use an interface between the PC and the Walkman? Also do we need AV wire?

thanks
Hello, many moons ago I did it. Just connect your tape to your PC and get the Audacity software for free, keep the volume of the tape low and play the cassette. Your software will capture the music as WAV file. This is how I converted some of my cassettes into WAV and then wrote those files on blank CDs. You can use some other softwares which are now available. But please remember that it is a time consuming method. You have to play the entire cassette just as you do while listening to music in a tape deck.
Regards

Hello, many moons ago I did it. Just connect your tape to your PC and get the Audacity software for free, keep the volume of the tape low and play the cassette. Your software will capture the music as WAV file. This is how I converted some of my cassettes into WAV and then wrote those files on blank CDs. You can use some other softwares which are now available. But please remember that it is a time consuming method. You have to play the entire cassette just as you do while listening to music in a tape deck.
Regards
Yes, I also did that once on request of my neighbour. That was a special cassette & the matter was sentimental. I converted the entire cassette & the files were burnt to a blank CD.

Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back