Converting Martin Logan, in wall speakers to bookshelf's?

rwnano

I was considering importing these in wall speakers:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275695297454?hash=item4030b863ae:g:fFAAAOSwQatj7~QG&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAsOIdT0KXfww+irgBZkSNTBgUaEQLH50J3DM7Ex37RB6qpfNTv5WChOQrQHKLAWTeJT9T4nr7aoU9F3wI10x6yGtAmfi+jmHYM6CTUTwNCi/ErIb3jZR7ioECEbLMFc26J4qqPpAgs4I698vXqq9HBk6vrFzh0rPu0ZVcphnDUW5SNeborb0+dyRCsRHNZJSe7gIv+EB47cWmw1mfCFPaXGe4l2RYoiOAsNH9Jq2ghOf2|tkp:Bk9SR9aOxfDNYQ

And having them converted into bookshelf speakers via some carpentry in India. I would remove the drivers and the crossover and then have them built into a cabinet in India.
Any suggestions on people who have done this kind of thing?
Thanks!
What do you want from your speaker ?
This idea doesn't make sense.
Better buy a ready book shelf speaker

The idea is sound (no pun intended). BUT...
The crossover will need to be reworked.
The box volume will need to be calculated based on the TSP's of the midbass.
It's your call if you are game to go ahead with this.
I would go ahead if I were you. But you're not me, so... :)

Because, you would need complex mathematics to calculate the box dimensions, box type and crossover redesignes. Not sure if the properties of an in wall speaker are same as the speaker that can be put inside a box. Even the tightness of the screws impact the sound quality. And, then there is the cost of importing and making boxes and crossovers.
Not to discourage you. If you can do all these, please do it. It will be one fantastic journey. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back