cPlay vs Foobar

I'm sure they are related, and the key element is probably timing differences, but we have some real engineers amongst our members, and I'd rather leave the last word on that to them. At a quick look. I'd say that that document relates to packet-based communications, and I don't think it is relevant to our PC audio.

OK, This week i tried with the Jplay 5.1 in Win7 . I could not use it with the Native ASIO drivers of AudioGD , hence used it with the kernel Streaming , extreme mode with buffers set.

This sound is more rich compared to cPLay and jPlay removes harsness from the top, but retaining the details . cPlay is also full bodied sound , but compared to jPlay it is soft.

jPlay's presentation is rich , full bodied and bold like that of the Naims signature . It does not really extend the high , rather it consolidates it and it is good to listen . My friend says it is colorized , but i don't mind :)

Here is my order of preference 1) jPlay with KS 2) cPlay with ASIO 3) fooBar with ASIO

For some reasons , the ASIO driver of the AudioGD dos not work and in the KS i need to set minimum of 256 samples to play it . Otherwise it is only silence . Any one who owns Audio-gd and succeeded in ASIO with jPlay.

I could use the ASIO driver of the Audio GD in all other players.

Has anyone used the foobar plugin VLevel for keeping the varying volumes of different tracks at the same level?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back