Cryptic Crosswords, anyone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15865

I’ve developed a new passion over the past few months - solving Cryptic crosswords. And now a single day doesn’t pass by without solving one. It’s addictive and at my age also a good mental exercise to keep the neurons firing.

Currently I am subscribed to The Hindu crossword which is a good Indian online source for Cryptic crosswords. They also have a special Sunday edition with hints for learners.

For rest of the days, one can refer to this blog which gives the hints to help you learn and get better. There’s also a lively user comments section below each day’s blog post:

The above subscription also brings the Gaurdian cryptic crossword (and a few other puzzles) few times a week.

Apart from this, I have found the following free daily crossword simpler but quite well-designed:

Is any other FM here a regular cryptic crossword solver/fan (or has been one in the past)? Can you share the newspaper/online crossword options (free as well as paid) you like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back