Dac/Audio Interface suggestion for my current audio setup !!NEED HELP!!

stallion316

Hello guys

I have a pair of lsr 305 and a Sennheiser HD 598 SR. Was using miica g2 dac usb. The dac is not working anymore..

I am planning to get a new dac which will hep me in switching between headphones and speaker.

Can u guys suggest any good dac that can solve my prob.. Budget Around 25k inr

Some of my findings

1. topping mx 5 - it has preouts/preamps to speakers, just want to know is it ok to plug it to my lsr 305 monitors which are already powered without causing ay problem..

2. ifi zen dac v2 - This would have been ideal, but dosent have the ability to switch between outputs..

3. topping dx3 pro+ - Looks promising but dosent have balanced out..

Thanks

Regards..

Hello guys

I have a pair of lsr 305 and a Sennheiser HD 598 SR. Was using miica g2 dac usb. The dac is not working anymore..

I am planning to get a new dac which will hep me in switching between headphones and speaker.

Some of my findings

1. topping mx 5 - it has preouts/preamps to speakers, just want to know is it ok to plug it to my lsr 305 monitors which are already powered without causing ay problem..
If i'm not mistaken, the MX5 does not have RCA/XLR preouts.

I have heard quite good reviews of Soncoz la-qxd1, it's available on Amazon India.

You can try headphonezone.in. There are some nice DACs available that can meet the specs you require. They even have a used section where you can get some stuff cheaper.

Hello sir, sorry this is a very old comment, but i plan to buy mx5. What is rca/xlr preouts? what's the use? when you need it?
They would be required if you intend to use the MX5 only for the Digital to Analog conversion and use an external amplifier instead of using the amplification built into the MX5.

The second question that might come to your mind in light of the abovesaid explanation is why would somebody want to do that? Typical scenarios are if you have low sensitivity speakers - usually in the 83 - 85db region, which would require plenty of power to go loud i.e. 90db and above. Since the Topping produces only 35w x 2 @ 8ohms, it probably can't go party loud with insensitive speakers.

They would be required if you intend to use the MX5 only for the Digital to Analog conversion and use an external amplifier instead of using the amplification built into the MX5.

The second question that might come to your mind in light of the abovesaid explanation is why would somebody want to do that? Typical scenarios are if you have low sensitivity speakers - usually in the 83 - 85db region, which would require plenty of power to go loud i.e. 90db and above. Since the Topping produces only 35w x 2 @ 8ohms, it probably can't go party loud with insensitive speakers.
So not every rca output (the output that we use to connect speakers) can use to connect external amplifier? It should be specific as rca preouts?

Hello guys

Some of my findings

2. ifi zen dac v2 - This would have been ideal, but dosent have the ability to switch between outputs..

Thanks

Regards..
Try Komplete audio 6 sound card

Hello guys

Some of my findings

Thanks

Regards..
Topping D30 Pro

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back