Dac upgrade from oppo ha2se to topping e30ii,e50 or e70

Rajeshrev

Namaste all
Currently i am using laptop + iphone14 pro(apple lossless)>oppo ha2se(dac)>Naim nait5si(int amp)>B/W 606(book shelf speaker).
Everything works fine.
Upgrade bug.
Budget around 35k
Will i get better sound by changing my dac to topping d30ii, e50 or e70(any other brand)i will buy apple cck for iphone connection.
Any body tried or having some info
Kindly guide
Thanks

Namaste all
Currently i am using laptop + iphone14 pro(apple lossless)>oppo ha2se(dac)>Naim nait5si(int amp)>B/W 606(book shelf speaker).
Everything works fine.
Upgrade bug.
Budget around 35k
Will i get better sound by changing my dac to topping d30ii, e50 or e70(any other brand)i will buy apple cck for iphone connection.
Any body tried or having some info
Kindly guide
Thanks

Hello,

You should get a streamer,
Why not get a DAC and a streamer both?

Get a e50 + WiiM Mini streamer, you will be able to stream music wirelessly, without needing to get up and change a song.

Hello,

You should get a streamer,
Why not get a DAC and a streamer both?

Get a e50 + WiiM Mini streamer, you will be able to stream music wirelessly, without needing to get up and change a song.
Will there be noticeable sound diff with e50?
Kindly update tnx

I just got the Topping E70-Velvet edition and am quite pleased with it.

However Bass can be pronouced with it, so had to put Speaker bungs to fix that. Have to choose correct filter too. Sounds good especially with Jazz, Blues Guitar and Instrumental music.

However Bass can be pronouced with it, so had to put Speaker bungs to fix that. Have to choose correct filter too. Sounds good especially with Jazz, Blues Guitar and Instrumental music.
did you hear it before buying e70?

Hows the feel of e70 after a week or so.
What was your previous dac.kindly update🙏

@Rajeshrev Oppo's DAC implementation is quite good and you may not see any major change is SQ by changing the DAC unless you go with a different chipset other than ESS Sabre.
It's line output is 1V RMS, while those of contemporary DACs is normally 2 volts.
So you will get the same SPL at a lower level on the volume pot in your Naim with a conventional DAC.
So initial impressions could appear like the new DAC is louder.

@Rajeshrev Oppo's DAC implementation is quite good and you may not see any major change is SQ by changing the DAC unless you go with a different chipset other than ESS Sabre.
It's line output is 1V RMS, while those of contemporary DACs is normally 2 volts.
So you will get the same SPL at a lower level on the volume pot in your Naim with a conventional DAC.
So initial impressions could appear like the new DAC is louder.
How about topping e30ii with dual akm chipset .
Honestly after seeing 1 volt line out specs i feel my dac output is weak 😇🙏
Kindly help

Hows the feel of e70 after a week or so.
What was your previous dac.kindly update🙏
I like it - enjoyable to listen to can hear all the nuances in the music being played in good quality recordings.

A lot is do with the synergy with D50A Preamp really dont know how it would sound paired with another Preamp or straight into Naim Integrated as in your case. I'm using a Linn Klout which has pretty much the same sound signature as your Naim. You would need to disable volume control on the DAC and control it only from the Amp - sound much better that way.

Before I was using a Audio-GD 19 (Burr Brown) with a Sigxer SU1 really loved the the sound but sadly it died :(

Shame TI stopped making Burr-Brown PCM1704UK it was the Dogs B*lloks of DAC chips.

Please check if Topping D30Ii would work with your iPhone. I had a bad experience with Topping D30 DSD about connectivity with iPhone. As per Reddit, there are many similar stories.

Finally brought topping e70 from fellow forum member. Its been about a week .First impressions well compared to my oppo ha2se sound is extended at both ends of spectrum i.e. both bass and treble is extended & more transperent.
Definetly worth the upgrade iam enjoying😀

Small query about display it does not change the bit rate for mp3,or lossless from my apple music app or spotify,but foobar2000 shows different bit rates accordingly.Windows11.
Any body can explain pls help🙏

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back