Daft Punk: Thank you for the music

Their Discovery and RAM album changed my perception on the electronic music...Long live the true masters of electronic music...

Random Access Memories saw them at their best - polished, refined and taking electronic music to new heights. Their use of 70s era mics and other gear for getting authentic sound of the disco era was just incredible. Even their collaborations with The Weeknd (Starboy and I Feel it Coming) were just fantastic. That level of finesse was just mind blowing.

Will miss their music for sure but I hope that they will continue to produce or influence music in the future.

What a great way to go , such a fantastic final video. How many great duos or band split up so amicably?

Random Access Memories saw them at their best - polished, refined and taking electronic music to new heights. Their use of 70s era mics and other gear for getting authentic sound of the disco era was just incredible.

Cannot agree more. Even their use of the Moog was from the seventies.
And the recording quality of RAM set a benchmark. It’s one of those those audiophile recordings which is equally good musically.

maybe covid and the concurrent situation and the long partnership for more than 25 years sapped them of creative energy.

Have enjoyed RAM so much and its good they are going about things amicably..

way to go !

Wow! That is the most beautiful goodbye from any band ever. Discovery is the reason, I listen to a little electronic music that I do!

RAM is the ONLY album of all genres I listened so far where I liked all the songs. I listen to most genres and with every single album, I find half of the songs made as a filler to the CD. Another album I kind of liked was royksopp - the inevitable end. But that album is not versatile as RAM and has some sort of darkness to it.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back