Dali Lektor 6 or Dali Ikon 6

sv2013

Post auditioning, I liked these two in my price range (below 1 lakh). I am in Pune and want to know feedback from current owners who are using any of them. Whether its worth spending 30K more on the Ikons vs Lektors. Also what AV Receiver works best with these.

I want to use them in a 5.1 setup. 30% movies and 70% music. Music is mostly Hindi songs and Gazals. I liked them mainly because of the "voice/vokal" clarity and openess. I have tried PSB T6, Paradigm Monitors, Focals and many others, but couldn't like any better than these.

Feedback would be very helpful in making a final decision.

Thanks.

I haven't heard the Lector, so no comments on that. But Ikons will be something you can live with long term.

You can use Onkyo, Marantz and Harman kardon recievers with them, in that order of preference.

i am using dali ikon 6 for second zone output from my Onkyo Tx- SR 705... Good detailing and SQ is very good with tight bass... Havent heard the Lektor though....

Hi
Is your second zone in the same room or another room. Are you able to play music files in Dolby hd or dts ma in the second zone

ikon 6 are very good. having lived with them for a while, they would really shine with a good stereo integrated. but I also enjoyed them thoroughly with a Yamaha receiver. if you have the budget go for them, but if your purpose is just to watch movies, save money and go with lektors. ikon 6 will definitely last you longer but only if you are going to go in for an integrated at some point or a very good avr.

Hi
Is your second zone in the same room or another room. Are you able to play music files in Dolby hd or dts ma in the second zone

Second zone is in the same room as HT.. I am using primary zone of Onkyo for HT purpose and secondary zone for stereo music.. Onkyo doesnt support HD format decoding through the second zone..

I have decided to go with Ikon 6. Pairing them with NAD 356 amp for music and supplementing NAD 748 for movies. Chose from whatever I could audition in Pune. The more I research, the more it seems neverending. Hence almost decided to settle for the above. Thanks everyone for your inputs and feedback. Any last minute warnings / confirmations on the above combo?

Hifi is a never ending journey. You are right in making a decision in favor of what you heard and liked. In this hobby, improvements never end (so do spendings). Go for it if you liked the sound.

I have decided to go with Ikon 6. Pairing them with NAD 356 amp for music and supplementing NAD 748 for movies. Chose from whatever I could audition in Pune. The more I research, the more it seems neverending. Hence almost decided to settle for the above. Thanks everyone for your inputs and feedback. Any last minute warnings / confirmations on the above combo?

Can you share/PM me the price you are paying for speakers and amp separately?

I got a discount of 10% on the following prices:

Ikon 6 mk2: Rs. 99,900/-
NAD 748: 55,000/-
NAD 356 w/ integrated DAC: 65,000/-

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back