Dealing with cheat/thief claiming to be a dealer from Bangalore

So much for a 4k player. Hope all goes well with the OP.
If you meant the price, actually if you have good tv it makes sense. I am torn between getting a xbox one x and Oppo right at the moment ;) I think this thread should not have been made public. I wont be all that wrong, if he is reading this thread with popcorn by his side everyday.. But, I wish he was caught. The normal Karma about these even for a non believer is, one day he makes a mistake (being human) and would have to suffer everything all at once. Its always a matter of time.

Just make a complaint about this with cyber crime department in your area or a regular police station ; with bank details it becomes easier to nab someone. Don't let 25k go just like that. It's a big amount and lack of action from your end will encourage him to do such things in future.

Its your responsibility as a citizen to report it , tomorrow if he is involved in some serious illicit activities like drugs, terrorism etc Each and every transaction in his account will be scrutinized. Your inaction will be considered as you funding him. You may not get your money back but do what is expected of you in such scenarios.
Agree with Dr Karthik, please register the complaint since this case comes under cyber crime , you will get back your money and if you have strong police reference you’ll get in couple of days. I resolved my issue with the help of Hyderabad cyber police station.

Hi vishsp,
Are you able to locate his address. You are not alone. I know many are stuck with this guy.

Thanks

No i havent been able to locate his address yet. The cops are trying with the details of him which i have given to them. Lets see how far they go....

Hi, you need to be top on this by every possible means. I have something to share.

1. Did you try to escalate it OLX to receive his contact details. I assume he would have faked up all the details but we should be able to track his ip address used for posting the ad by involving cyber crime (for posting and deleting of ad). It may not work out now but its worth trying.

2. Did you approach your bank to explain and seek advise on how best this can be handled? They would have dealt and be aware of all kinds of fraud and be in a position to at least guide you or there may be possibility that bank might take ownership of the issue based on your complaint that it is a fraud payment.

3. Did you get in touch with the bank of the cheat for details and complaint? (since you have his account number).

4. Hatch a plan to trap him by putting ads similar to his and engage into a conversation where you need his help in selling some of the stuff from other countries. Just drop him a msg in inbox and be quiet and if he's craze of money am sure he will reply back (track every detail).

You have to be hard on this. I doubt just an FIR complaint can make progress on this, fingers crossed but if you go to cyber crime or OLX or Bank in person you would definitely be able to lock him up. I am surprised you haven't contacted the bank yet because the procedure they usually ask is a written complaint from the victim to initiate legal action and trust me that way of dealing would be effective many times than what you're doing now.

No havent approached OLX at all. I doubt they will be able to help me as one would expect. Ive had some other issues with other sites and it is a fools errand. Ive approached the cops with all his details and now i prefer to focus my efforts on people i can meet and followup with like the police.

The police have approached the bank with his details and they are in process of getting the same. Its showing some progress so i think its the right path for now.

Thanks for all your suggestions though

If you meant the price, actually if you have good tv it makes sense. I am torn between getting a xbox one x and Oppo right at the moment ;) I think this thread should not have been made public. I wont be all that wrong, if he is reading this thread with popcorn by his side everyday.. But, I wish he was caught. The normal Karma about these even for a non believer is, one day he makes a mistake (being human) and would have to suffer everything all at once. Its always a matter of time.

This thread was primarily for the purpose of warning others about this crook. And so far a few people have avoided dealing with him from what i have read. If he is reading this i dont really care as he has now lost face with the community and also he is now more or less an on-record criminal(Dont know what the technical term is)

I drove my Rethm Saadhana(On sale) with 1w amp in a 14*21 Ft room. Lyrita will suite the Rethms greatly.
What is your expectations on price of rethm

What is your expectations on price of rethm
sent a PM

This thread was primarily for the purpose of warning others about this crook. And so far a few people have avoided dealing with him from what i have read. If he is reading this i dont really care as he has now lost face with the community and also he is now more or less an on-record criminal(Dont know what the technical term is)
I do not think someone who intends to cheat would ever put up their real faces on whatsapp. Also, another name, another number. to say I am quite surprised how this guy managed more than twice with the same name.

I am also having an experiance in olx. one guy named sathish cheated me. After getting the advance he switched off the phone. I cant call until now

It is very simple. Safest bet is to meet in person, test and buy.
If dealing blind, be ready to accept the risk.
Don't fall for listing which are priced unrealistically low.

Couple of weeks back I found a listing for a macbook at 19k in my city which was way lower than the normal seconds pricing. When I messaged, got his number and spoke to him, he insisted on an advance before meeting stating that many are calling but not buying so I should pay atleast 2000 advance to confirm my intent to buy (even if in person).
I played along and he shared his bank account details.
I called him back after sometime and said, I was on my way to his place to buy as I managed to find his address from his bank account details.
He first kinda became angry, then I guess got cold feet and blurted the laptop got sold or some such gimmick.
I ofcourse gave him a piece of my mind before cutting the call and duly reported the ad to olx, and the ad was pulled down within an hour.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back