Decent AMP for hifiman sundara for under 10k

rockstah

Are there any decent portable amps available under 10k for the sundara?
While it sounds great it only does so at full volume. I've tried it with my mobile and my PC, it sounds low in both. So will an amp help get the same level of clarity in low volume like I get now in full volume? I do have balanced cables.
I'm completely new to this so forgive me if it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Schiit Magni 3+ amp for desktop setup should be gud enough. i m using it with Sundara
Used ones canb had for less than 10k, if it comes up somewhere
Schiit Magni Hersy is available for 13k on headphonezone if u want new one. Heresay goes that its better than 3+ version

Schiit Magni 3+ amp for desktop setup should be gud enough. i m using it with Sundara
Used ones canb had for less than 10k, if it comes up somewhere
Schiit Magni Hersy is available for 13k on headphonezone if u want new one. Heresay goes that its better than 3+ version
Sorry I missed your reply, I didn't get any notification. Coming to magni, for now I'm considering portable option as I'll be mostly using it with mobile. I've narrowed down to Fiio btr5 but still checking for other options.

Sorry I missed your reply, I didn't get any notification. Coming to magni, for now I'm considering portable option as I'll be mostly using it with mobile. I've narrowed down to Fiio btr5 but still checking for other options.
Look at

looks like it is a tough competitor to btr5.

I ordered a btr5 a while back, a cousin is supposed to bring it from USA he had to cancel his trip. Later I realized no price difference at all compared to India.:(

Look at

looks like it is a tough competitor to btr5.

I ordered a btr5 a while back, a cousin is supposed to bring it from USA he had to cancel his trip. Later I realized no price difference at all compared to India.:(
I'll look into it. Looks like both 5k and btr5 retail for the same price in US but quadelix is 2k extra here. I just want to experience the improvements with amp so i can decide if getting a desktop one later in the future is worth it. I'm getting a used E1da 9038D for 6000rs, should i consider that?

Are there any decent portable amps available under 10k for the sundara?
While it sounds great it only does so at full volume. I've tried it with my mobile and my PC, it sounds low in both. So will an amp help get the same level of clarity in low volume like I get now in full volume? I do have balanced cables.
I'm completely new to this so forgive me if it doesn't make any sense.
Sundara doesn't need a lot of power to shine but will surpsss itself with a lot of current and power on tap just like all planars. I would keep an eye on the used market. I picked up an old Audio gd nbf 11 for 17k recently. Not bad at all. They drive my Arya's on high gain very well

Sundara doesn't need a lot of power to shine but will surpsss itself with a lot of current and power on tap just like all planars. I would keep an eye on the used market. I picked up an old Audio gd nbf 11 for 17k recently. Not bad at all. They drive my Arya's on high gain very well
Thanks, I'm checking there everyday. Will grab if something pops up.

FIIO A5 + ibasso dc01/2 , can work for u within budget. These come up quite often on Facebook Pre Loved Gear for Sale - grp

I got a Es100 mk1, got a good deal on it used. I know it's not powerful enough but I'll probably get a desktop amp later on depending on how this performs. Sadly left side of Sundara died and I had to send it to hifiman service in Bangalore at my expense, hope they send a new one as it's only 20 days old.

I got a Es100 mk1, got a good deal on it used. I know it's not powerful enough but I'll probably get a desktop amp later on depending on how this performs. Sadly left side of Sundara died and I had to send it to hifiman service in Bangalore at my expense, hope they send a new one as it's only 20 days old.
QC issues continuing..Think hifiman service is pretty good, they should help out.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back