Decent Setup For Portable Audio Reviews

Amarbir[Lynx-India]

Guys ,
We at lynx are planning to start a review system of portable audio we sell ,We would like your feedback on a decent setup for reviews.

1 : Sources [ Players ]
2 : Portable Audio Amps
3 : Products To Burn In Multiple Earphones ,Headphones Etc Etc

:)

Amarbir, Thats a good initiative

1. A good entry level cd player, PC with Xonar ST/STX, PC with digital out connected to outboard DAC

2,3. Best left to more experienced members.

Amarbir, Thats a good initiative

1. A good entry level cd player, PC with Xonar ST/STX, PC with digital out connected to outboard DAC

2,3. Best left to more experienced members.

Sir ,
What Any Why Would a CD Player Be Required To Benchmarking [ Reviewing ] .Pc with a zonar is understood [ But I need to play Music thats Not tempered Akka compressed ] Like Flac .Whay not a DAC With USB Input From PC ,So Bloody confused already :sad:

amarbir,as iaudio mentioned,my route would be the laptop with outboard dac or the pc with a well reviewed soundcard as the asus stx,as a source.this gives u more options by way of multi format playability.follow through with a good headamp(for headphone reviewal) or a separate setup of an amp/speaker for a complete rig.now,most dacs these days come with a bundled headamp,one of them in the vfm camp being the beresford caiman(as suggested by crn12).cheers

amarbir,as iaudio mentioned,my route would be the laptop with outboard dac or the pc with a well reviewed soundcard as the asus stx,as a source.this gives u more options by way of multi format playability.follow through with a good headamp(for headphone reviewal) or a separate setup of an amp/speaker for a complete rig.now,most dacs these days come with a bundled headamp,one of them in the vfm camp being the beresford caiman(as suggested by crn12).cheers

Thanks Sir ,
Now another question How about a portable Player ,I have seen the audio quality of nationite that i sell of and on ,I have never seen a better portable source in my life ,The product was the sflo2 .Now i am planning to import headdirect portable amp but i doubt it will stack nowhere near the sflo:2

again,portable players are a dime a dozen,so its ur call really.as u say,if u favor the sflo,keep that as a source.of the well reviewed ones,based on audio quality,the cowon still stands out.headdirect does make some good gear ;).cheers

i have been auditioning a usb DAC(NOS) with a tube buffer called musica USB30..it came with very good recommendations from Asit and Cranky ..though some usb dacs are reported to be either muddy or shrill and cacophonous this one is very detailed and clear and the music sounds decidedly less digital..the only issue i have is the low output level specially when compared to a cd player..
the usb is portable (as small as a packet of biscuit and weighing as much)..the build quality is good being made in Japan...

A beresford caiman would help!

Sir ,
Thanks For The extremely valuable input ,I went to this link -> Beresford Media & Electronincs Ltd And was stunned beyond anything :D .Would like to know are there similiar products also like this yes i stock and sell portable amps and dacs but i am always looking for opportunity to enhance the portable audio range .

Well ,
i Would Like To Use a Laptop I Have a Commercial Laptop From HP The Nx 6325 .So We Are Now Looking For Excellent DAC With USB Input and Excellent Output And Excellent Driver For a Earphone + Head Phone Setup As i Would Need To Drive many many models and brands for the same .I am Not More Comfortable With a Sound Card Option [ though i Assume i Am the largest seller of ASUS sound cards now in my territorry and stock and sell All ASUS Sound Cards ] As I Assume This a Bulky and Not Very Comfortable setup for me IMHO .

again,portable players are a dime a dozen,so its ur call really.as u say,if u favor the sflo,keep that as a source.of the well reviewed ones,based on audio quality,the cowon still stands out.headdirect does make some good gear ;).cheers

Sir ,
i disagree With You on Cowon Beating The The Nationite SFLO2 .The Nationite Has Unbeatable Features And Specs ,Here Have a look .

The Nationite specs : Nationite S:flo2 Portable Audio player - Hi Fi

This is a audiophile grade Source .this Actually is a Teclast T51 .Here is The direct Link for the same -> ?

amarbir,the beresford caiman should do a good job of dac/headamp with a plethora of inputs incl usb.very vfm as well im told.as for disagreeing,all i said was plainly,u favor the same so stick to it.i think people buy a product looking at what is required by way of features/inputs/vfm/etc.i think the sflo2 is well specced,but if i wanted a source for audio only,why should i pay more for the sflo2 when the cowon/sansa can be had for less :)??cheers

amarbir,the beresford caiman should do a good job of dac/headamp with a plethora of inputs incl usb.very vfm as well im told.as for disagreeing,all i said was plainly,u favor the same so stick to it.i think people buy a product looking at what is required by way of features/inputs/vfm/etc.i think the sflo2 is well specced,but if i wanted a source for audio only,why should i pay more for the sflo2 when the cowon/sansa can be had for less :)??cheers

Well :) ,
Exactly Thats what i am saying .Cowon does not have it ,i suggest to audition the sflo2 it will blow the cowon .BTW i am a cowon reseler in chandigarh :)

Amarbir, I am very taken with your confidence in Nationite. Will certainly seriously consider it for the next portable player purchase.

Sir ,
i sell it does not mean i am baised to just promote it ,Well have a Look at some of the silent features here ,My next consignment will have couple of these

Diagrams
why witter on when pics can do the talking - this is an image that tells you just whats in the sflo2 to make it sound the way it does, you will see info on all the chips, an inside view of the player and a small diagram showing the route the music takes through the chips
specs.jpg

specs.jpg

The following screen shot shows the design and layout of the music player.- a picture paint 100 words, you can see from this image the layout, options and all that jazz

08631bf38c511dd71c151db51552f6406g.jpg

++ i have auditioned it personally

Links to other s:flo2 threads/topics of interest

* [VIDEO REVIEW] :: Latest official Nationite Video review
* [VIDEO REVIEW] :: Unboxing by deckhanddave
* [VIDEO REVIEW] :: Unboxing and review by Brycewi
* [SHOP LINK] :: Link to the shop to buy the player
* [REVIEW] :: Review by French blogger - cajl
* [PRODUCTION] :: Link to thread showcasing start and shut animations
* [EXTERNAL LINK] :: Nationite official website
* [REVIEW] :: User review from member, commandant2
* [TIP AND HOW-TO] :: Browse music while listening to music and no update (temp solution)
* [PHOTO REVIEW] :: Photo review from mp4nation
* [HEAD-FI REVIEW] :: Ongoing thread started by scootermafia on head-fi.org
* COVER ART DISCUSSION :: Discussion relating to cover art and problems with version 1.20 firmware, plus some discoveries as to why some show and some dont
* Teclast Version 2.00 discussion :: Discussion on firmware version 2.00 and problems encountered etc
* Volume irregularities :: Discussion on volume going up and down and the resolution of this effect - solved in other words
* [REVIEW] :: EXCELLENT audio quality review from clieOS - read this for an experts opinion of the sflo audio quality
* VIDEO CONVERSION GUIDE :: Excellent guide to converting videos to fit full screen on the sflo2 with tips for cropping movies to correct aspect to fill the screen
* [ALBUM ART] :: New tool, found by member Matt to enable easy extraction of embedded album art to be saved and renamed to track file name, for use with sfl02
* [ALBUM ART] :: New trick, Get art to appear for all tracks by naming image file same as song filename and having image located in the folder with files

Last edited:
Amarbir[Lynx-India];167354 said:
Sir ,
Thanks For The extremely valuable input ,I went to this link -> Beresford Media & Electronincs Ltd And was stunned beyond anything :D .Would like to know are there similiar products also like this yes i stock and sell portable amps and dacs but i am always looking for opportunity to enhance the portable audio range .

Caiman is indeed having a good Class A headphone amp along with a good DAC, but its not portable.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back