DELHI PRICE :- OLED LG G1 for 2.2L and SONY A80J 2.2L inclusive of 12500 HDFC CC cashback

I am stuck between the A80J and LG G1. Im getting the G1 for around 2.4L including the soundbar. The A80J im getting for around 2L. Is the GX sound bar and the panel worth 40k ?
Hello,
The Sony A80J's screen is a speaker by itself that could be used as a center channel speaker in a HT set up. So if you have space to accommodate the two front loudspeakers (L&R) then you don't really need a sound bar. Use your money to get a very good sub woofer, a purchase that you would not regret later.
Thanks.

A couple months ago I set out to explore the possibilities of buying and installing a 5.1 channel to give my lg cx an audio experience as the Sony HTRT3 is just a temp solution. What I was told was while the Japanese are good at AVR manufacturing, Europeans at speakers and Americans at partying, music creation and HT designing, Indians are good at assembling and enjoying the experience with lesser than par experience. A sound bar is a very cheap solution to a surround set up and having spent 25k(in your case the question is 40k - just the same) it is just a shadow of the real 5.1 that I auditioned. You could save money and top up the 40k with one more lakh and you will get a decent 5.1 setup and believe me it will be worth it. My dilema is having spent 25k in HTRT3 why should I go for a fresh 1.5 lakhs of investment for sound. Similarly sound bar purchase will hold you back from the real deal. (As you won't feel like wasting money too soon and will want to use it for atleast a few years before upgrading to a genuine 5.1 set up)

A HT set up with 5.1 or higher channels makes sense when you have adequate real-estate for the speakers. But in a relatively smaller room a sound-bar is not necessarily a bad idea. There are mid-fi companies like B&W, Focal, Totem, etc who have very good quality sound-bars which when paired with a very good sub will create a relatively well-defined soundstage in a room that has a smaller footprint. The other benefit of such a set-up is the simplicity and it is going to blend well with the decor of the room relatively easily than a multichannel system. Although such a system would be cheaper than a full blown multi channel system but it would still be a good investment.

The other solution in a smaller room is to go for a 3.1 channel system with two very good quality floorstanding or book shelf speakers and a well built sub-woofer. No need to buy a dedicated center channel speaker as the two speakers in this stereo set-up would create a virtual center channel, hence a 3.1 system. If the room allows for it, you could even do a 3.2 channels system with two sub-woofers. Two sub-woofers in a relatively smaller room is not necessarily a bad idea as it is likely going to manage the low frequency peaks/nulls aka standing waves much better leading to balanced sound output throughout the room. I am currently using a 3.1 channel system, having a dedicated center channel speaker, with my Sony A80J and the performance is satisfactory.

Thanks.

I’ve started tracking the Sony a80J /lg g1 65” prices from this month at gurgaon as am planning to buy it in a month or 2. Friend bought the a80j 65” for 1.98 including cash back in Bangalore. Went to reliance, Croma but can’t get prices close to this. It’s all in the range of 2.3-2.45L. Any preferred place you guys recommend for better prices.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back