Dell M110 or Acer K130 or ??

tma

Hi All,

Can I get some opinion on which one would be a better buy - K130 / M110 / something else ?

Based on the initial reading here and elsewhere the specs are almost same, prices comparable with Acer on the lesser side.

I am looking for a 80-110" screen for home theater purpose.
The max throw distance would be 12' or less.
The room lighting can be easily dimmed.
Budget is not more than 30-40k.

I am not inclined for recurring (expensive) lamp replacements costs and hence want to go the LED way.

Also do suggest if there are any other models that can be considered.

Is the LED lamp thingy mature enough or would it make sense to wait for more models to hit the market?

Starting to build up my HT - step 1 of many I guess... :p

benq gp2 with short throw will be in ur budget, will help u to get much bigger screen at shorter distance
with 39.9k u can even go for acerk330 with 500 lumens, a superb model in led range
if not interested in led, try benq mw516 with 6000hrs of life, the only DLP wxga model in 40k range.

Have been trying to get the K130 in Bangalore but cant get hold of many dealers. I have got quotes around 32k.

Planning to go for this. Does the price sound reasonable?

You can go bulb route also :
Epson PowerLite X12 3LCD Multimedia Projector: Office : Walmart.com
Epson-PowerLite-X12

Epson 3LCD technology , will give better pictures .
Light :
XGA resolution and 2800 lumens color/white light output

XGA is pretty enough for starter

Lamp life : 5000Hours , cheap bulb like 5k or so
Assuming you watch movie it will go 2 years
By that time cheap LED bulb will come.

You can go bulb route also :
Epson PowerLite X12 3LCD Multimedia Projector: Office : Walmart.com
Epson-PowerLite-X12

Epson 3LCD technology , will give better pictures .
Light :
XGA resolution and 2800 lumens color/white light output

XGA is pretty enough for starter

Lamp life : 5000Hours , cheap bulb like 5k or so
Assuming you watch movie it will go 2 years
By that time cheap LED bulb will come.

If he wants to go the bulb route then there are a lot of options avilable in the $400-500 price range with 720p resolution... If u are spending $400+ then 720p is a better option... For example this ACER H5360 720p for $420 on newegg(using a coupon code valid today) which he can have shipped through Amarex or borderlinx... Should come close to 30k in price... Also there are many diff options on Amazon.de which can fit the under 40k budget with 720p resolution(bulb or LED both)... XGA is fine but if u can get 720p for the same price or maybe even a little more I feel is a better option :) ...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back