DENON 1700H

Kowju's

Hey friends..

I have 5.0 package which are.. EIGHT AUDIO F26 towers, C25 and ON17. they are 4 ohms speakers. (5.1/2, 6 and 6.1/2 inch drivers).

And i am going to buy DENON 1700H or DENON 580BT as they are coming in my budget.
Now what's my concern is.. Can these AVR's run 4 ohm speakers without any issue!!!!

Thankyou.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-17-21-06-08-065_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-17-21-06-08-065_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2024-03-17-21-05-29-123_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-17-21-05-29-123_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2024-03-17-21-04-49-971_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-17-21-04-49-971_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 10
Hey friends..

I have 5.0 package which are.. EIGHT AUDIO F26 towers, C25 and ON17. they are 4 ohms speakers. (5.1/2, 6 and 6.1/2 inch drivers).

And i am going to buy DENON 1700H or DENON 580BT as they are coming in my budget.
Now what's my concern is.. Can these AVR's run 4 ohm speakers without any issue!!!!

Thankyou.
The 580BT cannot - it’s rated only till 6 ohms. 1700H I’m not sure. What’s your budget at?

A Google Image search of the 1700H does indicate 4ohm speaker support. To be on the safe side, I would try it first before putting down any money.

Hey friends..

Thankyou.
These are good speakers what that money can buy. I happen to own one of their models myself, and it continues to do its job really well.

Regarding your concern, Let's delve into the technicalities regarding impedance right?. The impedance value you've cited is nominal, meaning it serves as an average representation rather than a fixed value. Consequently, it doesn't carry as much significance for your Audio Video Receiver (AVR) as one might assume.

The concern regarding speaker impedance primarily arises when you opt not to incorporate a subwoofer, thus requiring your Left, Center, and Right (LCR) speakers to handle the entire frequency spectrum. In such a scenario, impedance becomes a critical consideration.

It's crucial to understand that impedance only becomes a significant factor when all channels are operational simultaneously and drawing significant power. Even premium AVRs like the Denon 4700/4800, can experience clipping under high dynamic load conditions, particularly during intense movie scenes played at elevated volumes within a well-treated home theater environment if there are no subwoofers at play.

However, introducing a subwoofer into the setup and configuring the LCR speakers as "Small" with a crossover (XO) frequency set above 80Hz mitigates these concerns. In this configuration, the impedance of the speakers, whether 4 ohms or 8 ohms, becomes less consequential.

So i'd say, if your budget does not permit to go higher, at least get the 1700 and not the 550BT.

Regards,
Som

These are good speakers what that money can buy. I happen to own one of their models myself, and it continues to do its job really well.

Regarding your concern, Let's delve into the technicalities regarding impedance right?. The impedance value you've cited is nominal, meaning it serves as an average representation rather than a fixed value. Consequently, it doesn't carry as much significance for your Audio Video Receiver (AVR) as one might assume.

The concern regarding speaker impedance primarily arises when you opt not to incorporate a subwoofer, thus requiring your Left, Center, and Right (LCR) speakers to handle the entire frequency spectrum. In such a scenario, impedance becomes a critical consideration.

It's crucial to understand that impedance only becomes a significant factor when all channels are operational simultaneously and drawing significant power. Even premium AVRs like the Denon 4700/4800, can experience clipping under high dynamic load conditions, particularly during intense movie scenes played at elevated volumes within a well-treated home theater environment if there are no subwoofers at play.

However, introducing a subwoofer into the setup and configuring the LCR speakers as "Small" with a crossover (XO) frequency set above 80Hz mitigates these concerns. In this configuration, the impedance of the speakers, whether 4 ohms or 8 ohms, becomes less consequential.

So i'd say, if your budget does not permit to go higher, at least get the 1700 and not the 550BT.

Regards,
Som
Thankyou.

One of my friend selling his old Denon AVR4000W which is 6-16 ohm receiver.

Can i go with this? Can it drive 4 ohm speakers flawlessly?

Some said.. U can use 4 ohm speakers with 6 ohm AVR in low volumes like not crossing 60%.. Isn't it?

One of my friend selling his old Denon AVR4000W which is 6-16 ohm receiver.

Can i go with this? Can it drive 4 ohm speakers flawlessly?

Some said.. U can use 4 ohm speakers with 6 ohm AVR in low volumes like not crossing 60%.. Isn't it?
As I've mentioned before, it's essential not to rely solely on the nominal impedance rating of your speakers. Virtually all AVRs on the market, spanning from entry-level to high-end, are capable of driving loads ranging from 4 to 8 ohms.

The AVR you're referring to was released over a decade ago. The whole point of investing in an AVR lies in embracing the latest technological advancements to support modern televisions, projectors, and streaming devices. The heart of an AVR lies in its calibration software and digital-to-analog converter (DAC), These areas have seen significant advancements over the past decade.

Instead of considering an AVR with outdated technology, it's advisable to opt for a newer generation Denon 17/1800 series or higher. Ten-year-old technology is considerably outdated in the rapidly evolving landscape of AVRs.

Moreover, it's crucial to acknowledge the potential risks associated with older AVRs. They are more prone to failure, and in the event of a malfunction, they become little more than e-waste or a cumbersome paperweight. Therefore, it's wise to make informed decisions and invest in a new-generation AVR rather than hastily spending on outdated equipment.

If budget constraints prevent you from immediately acquiring a modern AVR priced above 60,000 rupees, it's better to save up until you can afford one rather than settling for a subpar option.

w

Regards,
Som
well explained

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back