Denon AVR-1610 stereo vs surround

Hypercraft

Greetings.

I have a Denon 1610 and am trying to figure out how to have two different audio setups: one for TV / movies, and one for listening to music.

I'd like to have a 2.1 music setup that is in place when I switch to the audio source, and 5.1 when I choose the TV source.

Some of you may have been down this road and I seek your guidance.

Thanks,

Pat

Hi.. Welcome to HFV
You can use A/B speaker connection for two different setups. For movies you can connect the fronts speakers to the 'A' section (shaded terminals below) and for music the other speaker pair will go into the 'B' terminals of your AVR. You can switch between them using your remote.

If both setups are in different rooms such that you need two different subs, then you can get a Y-splitter cable, connect the AVR to both the subs and switch off the sub you are not playing.

denon_avr_1610_1.jpg

Greetings.

I have a Denon 1610 and am trying to figure out how to have two different audio setups: one for TV / movies, and one for listening to music.

I'd like to have a 2.1 music setup that is in place when I switch to the audio source, and 5.1 when I choose the TV source.

Some of you may have been down this road and I seek your guidance.

Thanks,

Pat

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back