Denon AVR-X1200W Bluetooth Audio Delay

pushkarajd

Hi All,

I am facing a weird and strange issue here (would not call exactly an issue but more of an glitch)

Whenever I play audio music from my phone via Bluetooth there is always a delay upto some seconds. But sometimes this delay goes upto 30-45 secs i.e. when I start playing a song from my phone, I am able to hear it on the AVR only after 30-45 secs. So basically any command sent from the phone, there is a huge delay. Even if I pause a song from the phone it takes sometimes 30-45 secs to pause it.

This is happening only when I play audio from Bluetooth. There is no problem when playing any audio from usb or movies etc.

Anyone faced this issue before and know a solution to this? And oh btw, I also thought that it might be related to the Audio Delay setting in the Audio part, but that is already set to 0 ms, so I don't think that's an issue.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Hi

This is weird indeed...there should not be any delay .......have you tried another phone?

That's the only way you will know if the issue is with the AVR....

Hi

This is weird indeed...there should not be any delay .......have you tried another phone?

That's the only way you will know if the issue is with the AVR....

Hi efernand1,

I am using the same phone to pair it with my UE Boom 2 and it works flawlessly and without any delay.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Hi

I tried with my Marantz and it is working well without any issues. (Same company manufacturers Denon).

I have the same AVR. Just a second or two delay noticed.

A second or 2 delay is fine. I too notice that when I start playing the songs initially. But as more songs are played, the delay increases many times, but not always.

After playing 20-25 songs, the delay is huge. Did you try playing 20-25 songs at one go?

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Bluetooth Latency is what that is and is device dependent. Does the avr carry on playing the next song in the playlist even after you have skipped it? The avr is basically trying to load up your music in the buffer,which is slowing things down and gets worse as files increase.

Try switching players in mobile or even another mobile. Also try airplay from an ios device. If possible, do a factory reset on the avr before trying.

MaSh

Bluetooth Latency is what that is and is device dependent. Does the avr carry on playing the next song in the playlist even after you have skipped it? The avr is basically trying to load up your music in the buffer,which is slowing things down and gets worse as files increase.

Try switching players in mobile or even another mobile. Also try airplay from an ios device. If possible, do a factory reset on the avr before trying.

MaSh

Hi Mash,

Thanks for your update. Yes, it is doing exactly what you are saying. I tried playing through airplay, but there is a significant amount of sound quality degradation when songs are played through airplay.

I had recently done a factory reset of the AVR(both hard and soft resets) due to firmware issues that I had faced earlier, but the problem is still continuing.

I will try your other suggestion of playing the songs from another app and see if the problem is resolved.

Is there a permanent fix for this issue?

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Me too! I am also facing the same issue since i bought the X3500H (for around a year now). Any leads anyone?

Nope. I finally sold off my Denon due to multiple issues. This was just one off. Faced issues even while updating the firmware (firmware update never worked and it gave an error whenever I tried updating it and then every time I had to do a master reset as a normal reset never worked). Was fed up with the AVR and hence sold it and upgraded to Marantz. Never faced any issues on the Marantz ever since.

Sorry to dash all your hopes, but I never got an concrete solutions on my AVR. Hopefully other FM here have had better luck with their AVRs.

Let me know if you need any other info, but sorry no more Denons going ahead for me.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back