Denon vs Pioneer AND Tannoy Vs wharfdale

bigvilley

Greetings!!

Need your help,I understand it boils down to my choice and what i have personally auditioned, however appreciate experienced senior's thoughts

Am looking at setting up a system at my place and being a newbie, am slightly confused

My Requirements are
1) 40% soothing country music ( to be run in dining area) - thinking 2 FS
2) 40% party music (both dining and drawing room to be used) thinking of adding another FS pair here
3) 20% movies

The sound to be warm and not loud

http://s7.postimage.org/qdfrqgqqz/delhi.jpg

A) The room size is ~600 ft ( 20 x 32), and i am looking at primarily for music. Should i go for 2 FS in front and 2 FS at the back ( since the length is slightly high)?

B) I had gone through web and saw the wharf-dale diamond series, the 10.5 looked decent as well as the Tannoy Mercury V5. Can you provide your thoughts on speakers

C) Am confused between the following
i Denon 1713/1913/2113
ii Yamaha 473/573
iii Pioneer 822/922/1022
iv Marantz

d) do i need an Sub - if yes which one. I had the end of room as the placement for Sub

Budget for FS + System to be 100k ( can budge slightly)

Thanks for all your help and please pardon my ignorance

2 things.. your budget seems scarce for a room this size. i just bought a 2.5 lakh 5.1 dali ikon mk2 package with dali E 12 F sub. you would definately need a sub but positioning can be best done by your installer. watch out for echo's in such a large room and try upping your budget. amps is a personal choice since almost all AVR's are pretty good. u can look up your amp reviews as suggested by your sound expert / forum members on popular website like whathifi etc. rest TV / projectors / screens i can guide you when u get to that stage.

What you really have is a extended music listening room (dining and family room) - I do not see a TV or Home Theater setup in the room ( correct me if I am wrong)

I would suggest an amplifier with two zones- both zones running in 2.1 mode (stereo with sub)

As suggested earlier- you will have to revise your budget- based upon that we can discuss options

Umm can increase it to 1.5 L ( to start with FS + AVR) rest will build up later.

Seniors can you advise now

Also a offcuff question -which is better Denon 2213 or Pioneer 922

Hi,

AVR I would recommend Marantz, because you are more interested in music & Marantz are very good for music. Please check the review of Marantz SR6006 in the below link which would be fine for your budget.
You can also consider SR5006 which costs lesser than above mentioned.
Experts in this forum will provide you more options for your budget.

Marantz SR6006 A/V Receiver | Home Theater

Umm can increase it to 1.5 L ( to start with FS + AVR) rest will build up later.

Seniors can you advise now

Also a offcuff question -which is better Denon 2213 or Pioneer 922

similar question : pioneer VSX 1122 or denon 2212 ? :) i am gonna audition both very soon so ill answer that question myself. but if someone has a pioneer vsx 1122 id like to hear from them on its performance and any issues long term.

similar question : pioneer VSX 1122 or denon 2212 ? :) i am gonna audition both very soon so ill answer that question myself. but if someone has a pioneer vsx 1122 id like to hear from them on its performance and any issues long term.

looking forward for your choice

With more into Music, i would suggest you to go with Stereo set-up instead of HT.

Marantz, PM6004/PM7004, Yamaha AS 500,CA,NAD or DENON stereo amp with good FS should be enough, but as you have big room could add sub in case you require.

Split the budget first

40K for amp, 50K for FS and in case you like sub can go with Indian brand Astona which is relatively VFM.
Speakers -Tannoy,Dali,MS,Whrafs,KEF,Paradigm,MA etc are available

But first decide on the mode 2.1 or 5.1, then can move ahead:)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back