Denon X1700H vs X2800H

drummer1296

What’s better if:

1. Room size = 500 sq ft (of which HT area = app. 250 sq ft).
2. Viewing distance = 18 ft
3. Use case = music, occasional movie, cricket
4. We are not audiophiles

Also:

Do the prices Rs 78k (1700) and 102k (2800) sound right? Would be super helpful to get dealer references in Mumbai…

The 1700H will do 95% of what the 2800H can. I don't think its worth paying that much of a difference for 15 extra watts.

I can't comment on pricing or which dealer will give you a better deal. Check with 'reputed' online retailers and compare with stores like Pro Fx etc.

What’s better if:

Also:

Do the prices Rs 78k (1700) and 102k (2800) sound right? Would be super helpful to get dealer references in Mumbai…

Got quotes of 57k for 1700H from sellers I found on Indiamart. Some of them were definitely scams but some of them seem genuine. They seem to be offering warranty as well. Not sure what the catch is.

What’s better if:

Also:

If you are more into music listening then go for a Marantz. Makes sense to audition as much as possible with dealers who have the facility to understand the difference.

There are many online dealers who may give you attractive prices but warranty may be a challenge and some of our fellow members have learnt the hard way. Post Covid, AVR rates have gone really high. Most have taken the Pre Owned route to get a good used AVR at a reasonable rate which has good features and specifications. There are quite a few on sale in Classifieds section and even olx.

Depending on your requirements and budget, take a call. Which speakers do you have or intend to purchase?

Don't fall for Indiamart. Go with reputed and knows dealers, offline or online.
One of the sellers from Delhi seems to have quite the business. I seemed to be dealing with agents/sales people from the store but they've got quite the business going when I cross checked their details. And the AVRs are sourced from PTC which is one of the 2 distributors. Should I still be concerned?

One of the sellers from Delhi seems to have quite the business. I seemed to be dealing with agents/sales people from the store but they've got quite the business going when I cross checked their details. And the AVRs are sourced from PTC which is one of the 2 distributors. Should I still be concerned?
No. As long as it's PTC or ProFX you are good. Please note that AFAIK, I could be wrong, ProFX mostly won't service things imported by PTC and vice versa.

No. As long as it's PTC or ProFX you are good. Please note that AFAIK, I could be wrong, ProFX mostly won't service things imported by PTC and vice versa.
Are Denon AVRs serviced directly through ProFX and PTC? I thought Denon would have a dedicated service center that I can visit.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back