Difference between levels of Left and Right ?

"I hear the mridangam split, right hand on right channel, left hand on left channel. Who but a lunatic would come up with that idea? Would they split the two hands of a keyboard player?" - I guess that is where a good recording is different from the ones by our copy cat masters.

Well, there are at least two instances where other musicians have also done it, including AR Rehman.

"Radha Kaise Na Jale" from Lagaan - The drum beats go from left to center to right and back.

Anu Malik also did it for one of the song in movie Bazigar. Don't remember exactly which one though.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Actually, of course, it's right hand on the left channel and left on the right. As if the mridangam was being played by a giant, facing us, with the vocalist sitting in the middle.

But sorry ... yet another Thad off-topic diversion. :cool:

Except that it is more evidence that it is dodgy to necessarily believe the recordings.

Imagine the distress when, on a carnatic recording, I hear the mridangam split, right hand on right channel, left hand on left channel. Who but a lunatic would come up with that idea? Would they split the two hands of a keyboard player?

hi thad sir,

could you please let me know the app that you have mentioned?

regards,
paritosh

Thad,
Agree totally. In both the songs its only for a second or two, so not much bothersome. But it would be very annoying to listen that way.

I have heard several carnatic CDs where they practice this abomination. There's other stuff too, mostly probably explained by obsessive knob twiddling, but nothing to do with this thread (and I may well have ranted about it in other threads! :eek:)
could you please let me know the app that you have mentioned?
The one I mentioned earlier?

Android Market: Audio Tool

I have heard several carnatic CDs where they practice this abomination. There's other stuff too, mostly probably explained by obsessive knob twiddling, but nothing to do with this thread (and I may well have ranted about it in other threads! :eek:)
The one I mentioned earlier?

Android Market: Audio Tool

Thanks sir

So generous of you to post the link. I've checked it. Its not free on PlayStore

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

Update:

The CD which the thread owner (sachin) brought to the DAC comparison was tilted towards right side for all DACs.

Problem solved (and sachin beaten :D).

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back