Digital can be as BAD as Vinyl.

... the experiment was conducted with the the CD and LP version of the same, and with simulated vinyl noise added to the CD version ending up being better than the LP version....

Which experiment? Certainly not what I posted in OP.

Which experiment? Certainly not what I posted in OP.

I was relying on the summary that you had provided in the OP. My mistake.

I read the article, and found out that the Ivor was not able to distinguish between when the digital processor was inserted, and when it was not. Again, makes no difference. I don't claim my ears would be able to detect the difference digital makes in the chain. Rather that the source signal from typical analog sources are better for the sort of music I listen to rather than digital.

Since you seem to be banned, I suppose this discussion will have to wait

prepress said:
IMHO Vinyl sound is not only those pops and crackles, which we add by using plugins. Vinyl has a wast dynamic range which is not in digital/CD.
Indeed and its MUCH NICER than anything digital!!

Some music sounds so much better on LP while others especially the newer digitally mastered ones sounds better on digital. These differences have nothing to do with the technical capabilities of either medium. The mass market recording processes and the havoc it creates has been discussed a lot on this forum.

The choice of ones primary source equipment depends on what music one listen to most of the time.

Not really sure what the point of this thread is all about. If it is academic, then in an experimental facility devoid of any commercial interest, one might be able to conjure up a digital version that is always technically superior if one controls all the steps. Now that we have attained this knowledge, what is the next step ? How is this knowledge of any use to anyone in this hobby ?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back