Dileep From Bangalore

vanga123

Hi,

I am Dileep from Bangalore. Though I had taken an account here 9 years back, I haven't posted anything so far. I enjoy listening to Carnatic classical music. Of late, I have also started listening a lot of western classical. I generally stream my music from Apple music in using my iOS device to a Senheisser HD599 headphone. At home, I have an Onkyo AV paired with some basic satellite speaks and a powered sub-woofer from Elac. I also have a 25 year old Sony mini hifi system (cassette + CD player), which I am now planning to upgrade to a good 2 channel stereo system. I would like to know more about music systems by joining this forum.

Hi. Dillip. How long you are using HD599? Want to know as the SE version is quite lucratively priced.
I've been using it for almost 2 years now. Mine is the ivory version. Per my understanding, SE version's sound signature is the same as the ivory version. I found it really good for the type of music that I normally listen to. The soundstage is particularly impressive for a headphone at its price point. It's also very comfortable to wear for longer hours.

Hi. Dillip. How long you are using HD599? Want to know as the SE version is quite lucratively priced.
I have been owning the previous model of the same, HD 598 SE for the last 3 years and I too second the opinions shared by the FMs above.

It is an open back headphone and provides a very good sound stage for both Movies and Music.
The soft cushioned earcups and the soft leather padded headband allows one to wear it comfortably for long hours.

I use it with an FiiO Headphone Amp and its performance is amazing at its price point, specially if you can pick it up under 10K on lightning deals in Amazon during a sale.

The only downside would be that it does not have noise cancelling features (at least my model doesn't have) and since it is open back and if you are a little high on volume then the people around can also listen to what you are playing :)

Hi,

I am Dileep from Bangalore. Though I had taken an account here 9 years back, I haven't posted anything so far. I enjoy listening to Carnatic classical music. Of late, I have also started listening a lot of western classical. I generally stream my music from Apple music in using my iOS device to a Senheisser HD599 headphone. At home, I have an Onkyo AV paired with some basic satellite speaks and a powered sub-woofer from Elac. I also have a 25 year old Sony mini hifi system (cassette + CD player), which I am now planning to upgrade to a good 2 channel stereo system. I would like to know more about music systems by joining this forum.
Hi...Welcome to HFV!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back